Self building space craft

.. and that would be done with a humble 3D printer mounted in a satellite.
Possibilties are huge , but is it really feasible/ doable?/

more here --> #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    .. and that would be done with a humble 3D printer mounted in a satellite.
    Possibilties are huge , but is it really feasible/ doable?/
    I've never paid attention to the 3D building technology; but looks like it's finding application in most of the things. I was impressed by the nano-satellites but now 3D printed satellites are already underway. Feasible, is it? I don't know. I've given up on the world 'impossible' long time ago.
  • prashpan
    prashpan
    Raw materials for building such satellites can always be taken from earth's surface. But none the less this is an amazing idea. ๐Ÿ‘
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    as soon as i read news I was like - ' ok so how much material is needed to build something in space??" I mean 3D printer cant just print out of nothing (in space - it is literally nothing), so raw materials , but themselves would pose other issues to deal with,

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Developers love Android. That is what people keep telling each other at common-man level. In the age of the war between the operating systems, the one between Android and iOS...
Completed Electronics & Communication Engineering graduation (B.E.) from AC College of Engineering & Technology, Karaikudi, Madurai University in the year 1973. Joined the Govt. of India service at MSME Development...
So, today morning I was reading about Apple's new data center in North Carolina and saw the majority of tech blogs discussing the huge 100 acres of area it covers...
So we've a new standard in wireless communications from Intel, called WiGig. The new standard, to be certified in 2013 will offer speeds up to 7 Gbps - just enough...
sir i'm an cse student and i wish to be in automobile field as it is my favourite field whether there is any problem in entering the automobile field