SELECTION OF MOTOR

A wheel having 50 mm diameter and the shaft dia is 15 mm and length of the shaft is 75 mm.The width of the wheel is 20 mm.Please let me know the torque required to rotate the wheel with 100 rpm.What will be the suitable horse power of the motor required to rotate the wheel with the desired rpm? Please let me have the mathematical process details to calculate the same.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    As stated, the assembly will require zero torque and zero HP because Newton's First Law of motion is applicable to the stated conditions.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I wish to know whether we have any folks who have their starups running from colleges. Anyone? Tell us about your starup in this thread 😀
The evolution of species has taken different shapes in different forms. Habits, environmental elements, adaptive methods had taken long time to converge and get a compatible guise inside the genes....
Notion Ink, a Bangalore based Indian Company, has recently unveiled two of its 2 in 1 hybrid device named Able 10 and Able 10 Enterprise respectively. Able 10 is a...
After getting his Bachelor's degree in Electrical and Electronics engineering, Karthik Juvvala started working as a software engineer at Capgemini. He later also completed his MBA in Marketing from IIM...
Pune based KPIT requires the attention of the young minds of India. The company is inviting students to participate in the competition 'KPIT Sparkle 2017', which it has organised in...