Seismic forces in steel structure design

In steel structure seismic force to be considered or not?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sairaj83
    In steel structure seismic force to be considered or not?
    Good question. I'm tagging #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# .
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Regardless, in which Sesmic Zone and what type of structure you are creating, Sesmic Force HAD to be in consideration to build up structure .

Not sure, if you are talking about any particular type of structure; but for most moderate to big size structures it's law (depending on the sesmic zone, at most part of the world) to consider the sesmic force.

Do you have any particular structure in mind while asking this question?

-CB
  • Sairaj83
    Sairaj83
    #-Link-Snipped-# for your reply.Which code to follow for seismic design in steel structure.Yes we are planning for a multistorey residential project in Gurgaon.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    It's been a while when I am doing active structural designing,

Probably it would be the 1997 AISC Seismic Provisions for Structural Steel Buildings. Again, I would ask you to recheck the code.

-CB
  • aliasghar1366
    aliasghar1366
    It is in UBC 1997 and it should be considerated...
  • aliasghar1366
    aliasghar1366
    Sairaj83
    #-Link-Snipped-# for your reply.Which code to follow for seismic design in steel structure.Yes we are planning for a multistorey residential project in Gurgaon.
    whwere are you from? Gorguon? what country?
  • aliasghar1366
    aliasghar1366
    sorry
    let me know if you wnat further explains. this is my job and I can help you....
  • Sairaj83
    Sairaj83
    aliasghar@ if you have any materials regarding seismic analysis in steel structure please share it
  • aliasghar1366
    aliasghar1366
    Sairaj83
    aliasghar@ if you have any materials regarding seismic analysis in steel structure please share it
    sairaj 83
    hi
    theer is two different method for analyzing seismic effect in ETABS. static analysis & dynamic analysis. for the first one you just need to have C (X) & C(Y), ( C= ABI/R), but for the secned one you need to know how to find e besic vertical load (V=CW, W is building weight) and other floors vertical loads..
    if you have specific problem Im be glad to help you solve it...
    ali
  • Saiwal
    Saiwal
    Sairaj83
    In India for seismic design IS 1893 is used. for ductile detailing of structures IS 13920 is used.
  • Mohamed Amir
    Mohamed Amir
    steel structures like any other structures and seismic calculation apply according to zones in your design code
  • Sairaj83
    Sairaj83
    Thanks all of you for your response.If anybody have model steel structure building in Etabs then please share it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, I m planning to make a image slider(like i have five images ; i want two arrows on both sides of the image; when i click on right...
Please check this out HOW TO READ BAR CODES...(everyone must know) ALWAYS READ THE LABELS ON THE FOODS YOU BUY--NO MATTER WHAT THE FRONT OF THE BOX OR PACKAGE SAYS,...
Can someone post information about electric car horn and how does it work? Any information would be really appreciated.
Startup Village Gets New, Innovative Ideas: https://www.crazyengineers.com/engin...-innovative-project-ideas-to-startup-village/ Startup Village, the first telecom incubator in India and IEEE Communication Society (ComSoc) came together to identify the most innovative projects developed by...
hi guys, wind mobile charger are used in future or not? it have much demand or not?