Security project ideas, involving encryption

I am a honours student in Computer Science. I am looking for some ideas to create software dealing with encryption. The software ideas that I am looking for are dealing with confidential data and encrypting such to be stored in a secure location.
I have done a lot of research and haven't been able to come up with a security encryption software idea that is really unique and out of the ordinary.

Please could you give some unique ideas based around encyption.

Much appreciated for all your insights and ideas

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-#
    You'll need to first start off with finding out what is the problem with existing security encryption software? From there you can find your "unique" ideas to address these issues.

If you are still stuck, then I suggest to find a different angle with encryption. Rather than looking at encryption for data at rest, look at encryption for data in transit across the network. This domain still has some challenges.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Theoretical physicists from the University of Cambridge and the Queen Mary University in London have conceived a hypothetical scenario that could potentially lead to a breakdown of Albert Einstein’s General...
Scientists from the University of Chicago’s Institute for Molecular Engineering and the University of Konstanz have jointly unveiled a noise resilient quantum logic operation on the base of a berry...
Project Abstract / Summary : This is a solution for enhancing public transportation management services based on RFID and GSM. The system consists of three modules: In-bus module, Bus stand...
Plumbago, a latin word for Graphite, is latest offering coming from Microsoft garage Project. It is a digital notebook with handwriting smoothing, ink, and paper allowing users to write text,...
Name: Vivek Iype Kurian *Engineering Trade: Mechanical Engineering Location: Kerala, India *Occupation: Currently Second Year *Hobbies & Interests: Robotics, automobiles, c programming *Aim in life: To Work for an MNC...