security problems

what are the various security problems in Multi-programming and Time-sharing systems ?

Replies

• Leo
    Leo
    Hi Deepika, this is really a big topic to discuss without any prior knowledge of basic programming problems,

At very lowest level i can only say problems that can occur includes deadlocks, resource allocation, management of logical and physical clocks, event management, concurrency in results, error prone outputs, process files and event locks, scheduling, handling of process pool, transfer in process state information etc.

Though they appear as regular OS problems they are actually reason of bigger security problems.

In wide scope there are many that are usually included in memory management, process management, resource management for knowing more i recommend you read following books

Operating System Concepts and Principle by Greg Gagne, P.B Galvin and Abraham Siberchatz
    and
    Distributed OS by Sinha or Andrew Tanenbaum

Happy Computing.
  • deepika mishra
    deepika mishra
    thanks....... n ya,,,,i just got the book by GALVIN

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey everyone!! am doing a project on " On-line bidding". Wil u plz suggest me some advanced features to make my project more efficient
CEans, This debate is for the ones who've spent some time in corporate world. What do you think matters the most when it comes to your growth in any organization?...
:arrow:Whats the difference between instruction pointer and program counter:?:
Really funny ad - [video=youtube;ejEBSeddCg8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejEBSeddCg8[/video]
Why don't we get a shock by touching a circuit board(Big ones),if all the wires are integrated in it?😕