Security: Job Vs. Entrepreneurial Venture

I've often found people say and believe that a job makes people more secure than being in their own venture? Isn't that totally wrong? How can you be secure when you've absolutely NO, zero, nada control over your pay, the type of work, the bosses, your sub-ordinates? I wonder how many people have actually read their employment agreements. They're ONE-SIDED; making your company fire you at their will; without showing any valid reasons. You call that secure?

I agree that holds true for the entrepreneurial ventures too. Nothing is for granted. But at least, you're in control of your business venture!

Then why do we treat jobs as more secure career option than being in your own entrepreneurial venture?

Replies

• clZazy
    clZazy
    I think it's because of the three factors risk, amount of money involved and the experience.
    I know that risk is in both but the chances that you will be fired tomorrow is very less than the chances that your company will suffer a great loss tomorrow.
    and besides the risk of money involved in both of them differ with a large amount.
    the less experience in entrepreneurship is the biggest threat they all fear.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    People think "Government jobs" makes them more secure.
    If it's Indian Government, ofcourse it is secured !!
    Private sectors are never secure.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    it takes more courage to start an entrepreneurship.

in entrepreneurship, there is a risk that your earnings may be completely zero, and that is what scares people.
  • clZazy
    clZazy
    "secure" and "successful" are inversely proportional most of the time.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    clZazy
    "secure" and "successful" are inversely proportional most of the time.
    +1.

clZazy
    I know that risk is in both but the chances that you will be fired tomorrow is very less than the chances that your company will suffer a great loss tomorrow.
    It's just a thought, right? Isn't it very easy for the businesses to fire people?

I sometimes believe it's the personal comfort zone that makes you feel secure in one place. I never felt 'secure' when I was in job. It was like random people controlling my fate.
  • archlpe
    archlpe
    The_Big_K
    I've often found people say and believe that a job makes people more secure than being in their own venture? Isn't that totally wrong? How can you be secure when you've absolutely NO, zero, nada control over your pay, the type of work, the bosses, your sub-ordinates? I wonder how many people have actually read their employment agreements. They're ONE-SIDED; making your company fire you at their will; without showing any valid reasons. You call that secure?

I agree that holds true for the entrepreneurial ventures too. Nothing is for granted. But at least, you're in control of your business venture!

Then why do we treat jobs as more secure career option than being in your own entrepreneurial venture?
    what i believe is, people go for jobs just because it is easy. just enroll for a professional course and it would be almost certain then that the student would get a job
    what you said is what i feel. people always choose the easy way.
    second reason is if they fail they may blame the college, course, teachers or anyone but if they fail in business, who would they blame?
  • clZazy
    clZazy
    The_Big_K
    +1.

It's just a thought, right? Isn't it very easy for the businesses to fire people?

I sometimes believe it's the personal comfort zone that makes you feel secure in one place. I never felt 'secure' when I was in job. It was like random people controlling my fate.
    Actually you summarized my thoughts, factors i mentioned and other things add up to make your personal comfort zone and I think it gives the direction to our decisions in life.

personally I want to take risks in life, their is no thrill without it.
    though I freak out whenever I lose ๐Ÿ˜
  • graphite
    graphite
    One feels getting placed in a company is secured as he/she don't want to take risks in entering entrepreneurship. The one likes to take risks enters in entrepreneurship. Only taking risks doesn't matter, one should have a good business plan. Though business is not secure.
  • archlpe
    archlpe
    who surround you is the major factor. since majority people around are working somewhere they suggest that you become like them and do like they do. entrepreneurship is like taking a different step and hence everyone starts discussing about the one who takes such decision
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    Hey, thats always is not the case
    My brother started a small software company from its inception since 2010 we started it only by developing websites . Now ERP product providers for industries, so i believe if you decide to take all the hardships in life at start. Entrepreneurs learn more than in jobs who learn just area specific

Though nothing is lost what you have learnt from your experience

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

why gate terminal is always kept near the cathode terminal?? why not near anode terminal??
BEGINNERS'S TUTORIAL : Structured Query Language (SQL) Hello buddies, I am here with a dedicated thread that will focus upon SQL for beginners. I am going to provide more of...
Can somebody come out and give some ideas for final year project for physically challenged people.. I am not able to get any thing new. If any of u help...
Nowadays most of the vacuum cleaners , have two ports in them, one is the suction port and the other the blower. their working principle is similar to that of...
I'm going to apply for the jobs and looking forward to resume templates. Can anyone suggest the best resume format for resume?