Secure Internet Banking System using PHP

The idea of this project is to develop a website that can be used for internet banking.

Abstract:

The website created should be useful for customers for online transactions. Authorized users for particular bank can use this by providing valid user ID and password.

The website must provide following banking facilities-
  • Viewing Statements
  • Deposit
  • Fund Transder
  • Request for cheque book, passbook, etc
  • Balance Enquiry, etc.
Requirements:
  • PHP
  • HTTP Server

Replies

• Rohan Bagchi
    Rohan Bagchi
    How do you plan to handle the security?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I don't see it as an issue to be considered. There are several ways - one may use HTTPS for secure transactions and follow the best practises in coding. That should be enough for a minor project I guess.
  • Rohan Bagchi
    Rohan Bagchi
    Banking project should be considered tricky enough. From personal experience I have known people who build security loopholes which finally result in breakage of the chain of control. HTTPS is only one side of the picture. Don't you think, admin?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, actual security implementation would be another big project in itself. I'm not denying that any project that involves money transaction or stores user's information needs to be highly secure. Plus security is a continual work and it's not a 'do once and forget'.

I agree that banking projects are tricky. Even a leading private bank in India was found to be storing user's details without any security layer. It was exposed and it took over a month for the bank to really fix that issue.
  • Rohan Bagchi
    Rohan Bagchi
    The_Big_K
    Well, actual security implementation would be another big project in itself. I'm not denying that any project that involves money transaction or stores user's information needs to be highly secure. Plus security is a continual work and it's not a 'do once and forget'.

I agree that banking projects are tricky. Even a leading private bank in India was found to be storing user's details without any security layer. It was exposed and it took over a month for the bank to really fix that issue.
    Indeed admin. Liked the "Plus security is a continual work and it's not a 'do once and forget'".
    I learnt it through similar tough examples that databases with extra-sensitive information like passwords must be one-way-hashed [my personal choice is an arcane combination of md5 and SHA1, returned to the main through a member function].

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The idea of this project is to develop an online application that will assist in the placement process. Abstract: This project is aimed at developing a web-based and central recruitment...
hello everyone , im pursuing my engg in IT and im in final year now, having average score and nothing special to talk about .As the days passes im getting...
I have a pretty much aimless life , some suggestions please.
Satoru Iwata, who is the forth president of Nintendo, has admitted in an interview, 3D is slightly on the wane. Are we people, getting tired of 3D?
The idea of this project is to develop an online chess application. Abstract: Chess is an interesting an challenging game played between two people. While playing the game, the players...