Second class degree in B.E..How to get a job?

Hello CE,I finished my BE with 55% score from VTU and couldn't get placed in any campus placement drives because of criteria.I think I have the understanding of technology and other concepts but I don't know what to do now.How do get my first break when almost every company has a requirement for good academic record?This situation has led me to be very confused and I can't decide on what the next step should be.I learned that there are coaching centers for placements but then I don't know whether my aggregate would be a hindrance there or not as most of the people in the placed section of these coaching centers had first class degree.Any guidance on what should I do next and how should I plan things from here would be appreciated.Thank you.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-#‍ There are one of the following 3 options that you can choose -

1. If you need a job immediately, go for a training/course for a subject of your liking. It could be embedded systems, Java or SAP or Linux, or mobile app development (you get the idea). Learn the subject so well that you can crack any interview.

2. If you can study further, try preparing for exams like UPSC, GRE, CAT, GMAT - so that you can go for post-graduation studies for ~ 2 years and then apply for a job.

3. Apply to startup jobs. Many small companies often don't have any percentage criteria. They demand skills. Both technical skills and verbal/communication skills.

4. Start your own business with freelance work using your own laptop at home and build a portfolio so that you can apply for other jobs based on work experience.

Tell us which of the 4 options you like and why so that we can expand on that point in comments below.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey guys, I am studying diploma in mechanical engineering of 3rd year. So I have project in this sem. So you will help me , What kind of projet I...
Just for research purpose, I would be glad if active members of CE could respond to below questions :1. How many of you uses Free WiFi network provided by telecom...