SEA's Virtual Internship Program, February 7 – April 29, 2011

SEA i.e. Scientists and Engineers for America has been offering a virtual internship program for more than last 2 years.

Our interns spend eight to ten hours each week researching specific science policy issues such as obesity, bioethics, climate change, biofuels and water security. Led by one of SEA’s Fellows – a post-doctoral scholars with science outreach or leadership experience, teams of interns discuss weekly readings over a conference call and/or chat room format. Weekly reading assignments are often supplemented with writing assignments such as opinion pieces, letters to the editor, or policy briefs.

For the Spring 2011 Virtual Intern Application, see the information below.

To apply, please copy and paste this information into a Word document.

VIRTUAL SCIENCE POLICY INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Spring 2011 Application
Final Application Due Date: January 10, 2010.

Internship Start and End Dates: February 7 – April 29, 2011.
Mission: As a nonprofit organization, SEA promotes evidence-based decision making at all levels of government. We pursue this mission by encouraging members of the scientific community to become engaged in US politics and the policy-making process.
Internship details:
SEA invites undergraduate and graduate students to take part in this Virtual Science Policy Internship Program. During this twelve-week course, interns dedicate eight to ten hours each week to studying specific areas of science policy, science communication and the various and often unknown ways that members of the US science communities positively influence public policy.
Interns collaborate in groups to analyze weekly readings, write policy briefs, and develop substantial and persuasive talking points. Intern research teams are led by Science Policy Fellows – postdoctoral scholars and science communicators. Science Policy Fellows help interns to develop confidence within a given research area, encouraging creative problem-solving through lively weekly conference calls, and offering advice to young scientists, engineers and health professionals who are still working to solidify their future goals.
Specific internship requirements (per week):
4 hours: Independent research and analysis.
2 hours: Research team conference calls, preparation and participation.
2 hours: Independent writing assignments.

Required Information
Name:
Email address:
Home phone/cell phone:
Mailing Address (Street & Apt #, City, State, ZIP):
Permanent Address:
Languages (Check all that apply): ___ Spanish
___ Chinese
___ Other: __________________
Education Information
Current School:
Check one of the following: ___ College
___ Trade School
___ Graduate School
Graduation Year:
Academic Concentration(s):
Extracurricular Activities:

For more information Visit : #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I found this video by SolidWorks simply awesome. Watch this: [video=youtube;UKrf2iDCULY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKrf2iDCULY[/video]
TECHNOVISION’11 is the technical paper presentation event of TROIKA, the annual technical fest of IEEE student branch of Delhi Technological University (formerly Delhi College of Engineering), Delhi organized in the...
Am Siva.v.Girish @ Anish.;-);-);-) I used to feel very much better when others call me as shiva or chimp which is my nick name. I love thinking about logics and...
[FONT="]Turbine Supervisory Instruments[/FONT] The following supervisory instruments are furnished with the unit and are to be observed during start-up, operation and shutdown. We will explain the following instruments in detail...
Hullo, I think that the subject I chose is not the most appropriate but I couldn't find a better one. Anyway, I am designing my first "serious" circuit. I will...