Search Engine Discussion

Hi CEans!

Internet Search is a big business on the internet. Top three search Engines, Google, Yahoo! & MSN (Live Search) are working hard to improve the quality of the results they deliver for each searched term.

Google ruled the market so far. But I think, its no more a great search engine. I'm quite impressed by the quality of results that Microsoft's Live Search produces. Give it a try at #-Link-Snipped-# (Microsoft is working hard on its Live Search, for sure).

As I said earlier, MSNBot is going bullish on indexing websites. For example the MSNBot does more visits than Yahoo & Google's bot. So what are we leading to? Will 'Live' take on Goog?

Where does Yahoo! fit in?

-The Big K-

Replies

• xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Nothing new is going to happen, MSN live may have good searches, but it still has got some time to get as famous as google. Since many of my online Guildwars friends use Yahoo or AOL for messenger, they must surely be using Google or Yahoo! for searches.

And anyway as we have seen in the news, Google is expanding!!!

About the highest Google Software downloads from download.com, They net worth more than Yahoo! What more can we ask for?

😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    xheavenlyx
    Nothing new is going to happen, MSN live may have good searches, but it still has got some time to get as famous as google. Since many of my online Guildwars friends use Yahoo or AOL for messenger, they must surely be using Google or Yahoo! for searches.

And anyway as we have seen in the news, Google is expanding!!!

About the highest Google Software downloads from download.com, They net worth more than Yahoo! What more can we ask for?

😁
    I agree on following points -

1. Google is famous.
    2. Google is expanding.
    3. Google's worth more than Yahoo!
    But MSN Guys aren't silent watchers. I shifted to Live search because they produce far better search results. Microsoft's IE 7 will (probably) have LIVE search inbuilt. That is sure going to be a major impact on Google or Yahoo!

Now, I'm not against anyone of these. In the end, I will go with the search engine which gives me what I want πŸ˜‰

-The Big K-
    p.s:
    Probably our Crazy Engineers will build a search engine better than any other search engine πŸ˜‰ Big Dreams, you know!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello If You Have Any Idea On It..................plz Tell Me
Name: Prasad Ajinkya Engineering Trade: Computer Science Occupation: Working|Self-Employed (Making the transition) Work Experience: 14 months Application Developer, 6 months Presales Hobbies & Interests: Gaming, Coding, Reading, Music, Bakar, Movies...
Hey all, I am working on putting together a shopping cart application based on PHP Symfony framework and putting in all the cool effects through AJAX. Had some doubts against...
Hi friends, Being engineers , we have a role models whom we want to be in respective sectors.Post your rolemodel names here...
hello friends i m new membre of the crazy enggπŸ˜’ ​