SDK For Android Wearables Coming Within Two Weeks

On Sunday, Google's Sundar Pichai, Senior VP of Google Apps, Google Chrome and Android announced during a panel discussion at the SXSW at Austin, Texas that Google will be releasing a software development kit for Android wearables within next two weeks. The SDK, the first of its kind for wearable Android devices, will help developers share Google's vision of this market, Pichai added. He noted the analogy between smartphone revolution to that of evolution of wearable devices and expressed his plans to take Android beyond the limits of smartphones and tablets to a multi-screen world.

It seems that Google is working extensively on the wearable gadget technology section. A few days ago, Google along with Korean electronics company LG #-Link-Snipped-#. At the same time, it also announced plans for an OS which will be 'smartwatch-centric'. Both of these are expected to debut at the Google I/O Conference in June.

google-smartwatch1
The OS is expected to have similar features at its core which the Google Glass has, such as the 'Google Now' voice assistant and search feature. These announcements make the Google I/O Conference in June a highly anticipated one for developers as well as customers alike. The SDK announcement may fuel the sales in the wearable tech gadgets, which haven't been as impressive as expected. But the research firm Juniper Research forecasts this market to hit $19 Billion revenue by 2018.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear CEans, We are proud to announce our brand new logo - that'd soon make it to your lives and penetrate deep in your heart & brain. You might have...
Nokia X has officially arrived in India. Priced at Rs. 8,599 - the phone offers all the basic features that are expected from mid-budget Android smartphones. Nokia X's two elder...
Say hello to the Archival Disc - a new optical disc format that promises long term data storage. A single archival disc (AD) will store about 300GB to 1TB of...
A team of researchers from Microsoft has come up with a new technology called 'SurroundWeb' that lets you convert your entire room into a display that can be interacted with....
How can i do cloud computing for an E-learning application by cloudsim as a project