Scientists are about to change what a kilogram is. That’s massive.

Move over Kilogramme. Born in 1899 you have ruled the metric mass for more than a century. You are getting on in years and started losing weight. Quantum Physiscs is muscling in. Make way for Planck's Constant that does not vary with location or time.
I feel nostalgic. The standard ruler for length gave way to speed of light in vacuum.
It is now the turn of mass.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on...

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    My Kirana shop owner needs to know about this development. 👀
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There seems to be confusion about the duration of the theory + practical classes conducted as a part of CDAC training. I do not have any concrete information about how...
Having to recharge phone's batteries every night could soon become passé as University of Washington (UW) researchers have developed a battery-free phone. Make no mistake, the phone still needs power,...
Which course is right for me in the present age ?? Plastic engineering ta civil engineering
The newest smartphones on offer from Vivo- X9s and X9s Plus are officially unveiled in China. Vivo X9s priced at ¥2698 (approx. Rs 25,600) and the X9s Plus priced at...
I have been noticing that a lot of our fellow engineers have either appeared for CDAC CCAT OR are preparing to take the exam in near future. One of the...