scarcity of instrumentation resources

hiiiiiiiiiii everybody...after looking over all d posts related to instrumentation engg.its coming as there is a lot of confusion and lack of proper guidence among students of instrumentation.......everywhere in india most of d institution r lacking good faculty and other resources like books...etc.i am also a instrumentation student in 3rd year nw...facing sm prob...chief boss r u listening?cmmon friends is there any solution?😕

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The best way to learn is through posting doubts and getting them solved through discussions with other instrumentation engineers from all over the world. CE is the best place to do that.

I encourage all instrumentation engineering students and professionals to come forward and make this place active.

[ps: Please refrain from using SMS text in your posts]
  • pparasar
    pparasar
    sorry for my sms texts in my post and thanks for your encouragement big boss.
  • er.vijayanand
    er.vijayanand
    i am also an instrumentation student........... i too face the same problem...........
  • gohm
    gohm
    I bet by banding together on CE all IEs will be able to assist one another and come up with a support network and solutions.
  • icehari
    icehari
    hey guys, i am a instrumentation students..
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    seems we have handfull of instrumentation engineers,although am also in electronic instruments but not instrumentation,as i feel,here in india theres a lot of scope for instrumentation as many system houses are mushrooming....but unfortunately very posts have been from instrumentation engineers regarding their trade!!!
  • niju.victor
    niju.victor
    pparasar
    hiiiiiiiiiii everybody...after looking over all d posts related to instrumentation engg.its coming as there is a lot of confusion and lack of proper guidence among students of instrumentation.......everywhere in india most of d institution r lacking good faculty and other resources like books...etc.i am also a instrumentation student in 3rd year nw...facing sm prob...chief boss r u listening?cmmon friends is there any solution?😕

dude ,,

yaa the forum does lack the materials of instrmntn ..

being an instrmn engnr ... i feel aggrvd the ways students perceive ths branch ..which isa golden goose in ths scenario..

feel free to ask..

NIJ
  • gohm
    gohm
    Let's be sure to not post using SMS text (as per forum guidelines) so we can properly communicate. Thanks!
  • kum.bips
    kum.bips
    pparasar
    even i feel the same there are very few discussions and seminar topics or project ideas for instrumentation engineering students.

i am planning to do a good project in instrumentation but am hardly able to find any help and ideas

if anyone has it plz help me...
    and it would be great if we have more discussions on electronics and instrumentation topics.
  • instr-control
    instr-control
    I am an instrumentation professional with over 25 years experience worked in consultancy, instrument supplier, EPC contracor etc. and live in Chennai. I have taken advance retirement nd would like to contribute to student society in a way to help all of you on various issues you are coming across presently. I understand there is a scarcity in sharing the knowlede in instrumentation field. Any interested can post me a mail at [] or address it in the forum on what kind of suppot you are looking for.
  • misterjester
    misterjester
    pparasar
    There is a host of reource ... althrough it is not under the umbrella of Instrumentation ... look for Automation ...

Automation.com is a good starting point .. but then again since Instrumentation is as diverse as engineering itself it would depend on what aspect of Instrumentation you are looking for ??

There is also a website for Instrumentation under IEEE look there for good links to get information
  • trex
    trex
    instr-control
    I am an instrumentation professional with over 25 years experience worked in consultancy, instrument supplier, EPC contracor etc. and live in Chennai. I have taken advance retirement nd would like to contribute to student society in a way to help all of you on various issues you are coming across presently. I understand there is a scarcity in sharing the knowlede in instrumentation field. Any interested can post me a mail at [] or address it in the forum on what kind of suppot you are looking for.
    Hi, I need help. I have posted a few questions on here and have yet really had no help on them,, they are right below thsi thread under user name trex Thank you
  • icehari
    icehari
    hey guys don't just keep on speaking about the material scarcity about instrumentation, its is available every in internet and in this forum. only thing we have to bring it out with good understandable questions and with reasonable answer.

ask your doubts, let me do my best.
  • trex
    trex
    icehari
    hey guys don't just keep on speaking about the material scarcity about instrumentation, its is available every in internet and in this forum. only thing we have to bring it out with good understandable questions and with reasonable answer.

ask your doubts, let me do my best.
    Hello icehera, i posted some questions and really not sure of some of the answers i came up with, they are a few posts down under this with username trex, can you help me out? Thank You for the reply trex
  • ravithav
    ravithav
    even am a student of instrumentation.
    can ne1 suggest me a topic for my mini project on instrumenation n control😀
  • H.Ali
    H.Ali
    heard that behind most of the modern projects ( aerospace research etc) are instrumentation engineers . but we are not getting enough recognition. in my state (kerala) only 2-3 collages offers instrumentation and control engg. [​IMG]
    and the resources online (including CE) are not much effective.
    why so???
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    I think we can have an Instrumentation Resource Center here on CE. Everyone post material in this post. I will collect it and combine it into one post. Hopefully, later on Big_K or a moderate can make it sticky. But the first step is to collect enough material. We can keep talking, so rather we get to work!
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    COLLECTION #1

MATLAB File exchange. Demo's, examples, samples and methodologies for MATLAB users.

File Exchange - MATLAB Central

File Exchange - MATLAB Central

Please suggest a topic where we have problems so we can collect more information on those.
  • saurabh.sjs
    saurabh.sjs
    • [​IMG]
    Well it is really sad that we don't have many instrumentation engineers......nor colleges..........or books.
    Dear friends do let me know if i can help u in any way.
    Occupation - Automation Engineer
    Location - INDIA
    Company- Honeywell Inc
    can also mail me at #-Link-Snipped-# if any study material required. [​IMG]
  • H.Ali
    H.Ali
    i think these links will help
    1.#-Link-Snipped-#
    2.Instrumentation and Control Engineering

• Alisha2
    Alisha2
    This is Really a nice Information. Thanks for the Helpful Informartion.
  • pparasar
    pparasar
    Well, it's been some time i couldn't turn here but it's always better to late then never. Well i am back with a technical question that i was having a discussion with my team today. This is related with duty cycle of a crane and the formula is (2*HW*ASP*AZ)/(60*V) where HW stands for Avg height or lift, ASP is motion of hook and in cycle per hour while AZ is working hour per day And V is hoist speed. Now Generally we calculate This for constant weight and weight doesn't affect this formula, but if weight varies for instance crane lifts 10Tone having avg lift 3 mtr, Then 7 tone with 5 mtr and 5 tone with 7 mtr at different moment of working hours. then how we are going to calculate avg eight or lift. i was told that we do not need to consider weight but i am still in doubt. so would the avg lift would be just (3+5+7)/3=5mtr or it would be (as i was doing):-(10*3+7*5+5*7)/(10+5+7)=4.5 approx. please explain your answer.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    That's a really good question. I would like to see some more information on how to calculate the duty cycle and how it's related to weight? Where is weight in the formula?

HW = Avg. Hight or Lift
    ASP = motion of hook in cycle per hour
    AZ = working hour per day
    V = hoist speed

Where is the weight in the formula? If there is no weight in the formula then I think it depends on the maximum load of the crane/hook. And changing weight would not change anything. I am just guessing wildly here so please clear my doubt so I can help you better.
  • pparasar
    pparasar
    @above...Thanks Mate, actually there's no weight considered in this formula as generally this formula is used to calculate crane's duty cycle for constant weights and they determine it without considering that. but my doubt is if it's varying at various instant then to calculate avg lift, don't we need to consider it in calculation. that's what i was trying to do in second calculation. My senior told me that changing load would not affect the motor working so, need not to consider load. Do i need to clarify more?
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Ah yeah, you are right. Like I was thinking, if there is no load in the formula it would not depend on it. The motor (or whatever actuator) has a limit, before which all weights 'feels' the same to your motor, that is, unless you cross your Tipping Load or Max Load.
  • Sijo Joy
    Sijo Joy
    Hai all here is the solution for all your problems. First blog for instrumentation engineering students. Starting from basics upto detailed materials about industrial application.

#-Link-Snipped-#

[​IMG]

#-Link-Snipped-#

This blog is exclusively for instrumentation engineering students which will provide sources for their reference and studies. As you all know Instrumentation is now a fast emerging and developing field in Engineering. This blog has different categories like PLC, SCADA, DCS, Sensors and Transducers, Computer control of process, Industrial Instrumentation, etc.
    This blog will also provide an exclusive‘ASK ME’ section where you can make any queries and share your ideas about instrumentation. The solution for your queries will be given to you by mail from best of my knowledge and reference.
    So I wish this blog may be very useful for your studies and reference.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Siso: Although your post looks like an advertisement, we're keeping it. It's always advisable to post a link to your website in your signature (once you've 10 posts on CE).
  • barath rajamani
    barath rajamani
    see i realize that the amount of information is very less and what ever we get online is somewhat vaguely getting ripped from one place to another so the amount of info is getting minimal and minimal.
    some guys like controlglobal.com who have some resources to understand the real life instrumentation on field can bridge this gap... i do feel that even they have got into some things of getting into the future products or innovation when there are a lot of people who have nothing for the basics..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi All I am preparing for GRE , I am planning to write this FEB 2009 for this September intake , for the past few months i have been hearing...
hi all hope all ppl around will be fine and happy i wana know abt working in fpga i have to work in it... can some one here plzz guide...
hello all memmbers including administrator and moderator.this is raj joined crazy engineeers.
hi everyone!!...i recently started learning ms dos commands but i'd like some help regarding some interesting commands or hacking tips😛...plz let me know if u have any...thanks😀
hi all, i'm really happy for being a member in CrazyEngineers... i'm searching for a "crazy idea" for my graduation project,something that you really need and dream of...my team is...