Scale 1:25 or 1:75 why scale ruler first reading is 0.5m and 1m respectively ?

Dear folks

Yes I do understand scale ration 1:25 means 1 unit on a map equal to 25 units on a real and scale ration 1:75 means 1 unit on a map equal to 75 units on real

Question my Kent tri scale ruler showing first number for ratio 1:25 as 0.5 m (i.e 50 cm, 500 mm) while first reading for ratio 1:75 as 1 m (100 cm, 1000mm) ?

My confusion for the ratio 1:25 ruler has 25 small tiny line between 0 and next reading means 25 units right ?? if I multiply 25*25 = 625 why scale reads it as 500 mm or 0.5 m????

Same thing for the ratio 1:75 ruler has 20 small tiny lines between 0 and next reading means 20 units right ?? if I multiply 20*75 = 1500 why do I have 1000 mm or 1 m ????

Thanks
Thanks

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The mi community buzz and uncountable notifications just unfolded the announcement of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A. Succeeding Redmi Note 4, which was rewardingly successful in India, the Note 5A might...
For a given job write a sequence of operations performed by automated manufacturing system. Draw a block diagram of control system to perform above operations.
Its just the mid way for Android Nougat in the Market, and already the next version of android made its Entry to the Android world. Yes, you heard it right!...
Samsung Mobiles, on Wednesday, will unveil their upcoming Galaxy device in an event named Galaxy Unpacked 2017. The event will be held in New York at 11 AM EDT (8.30...
The "JioPhone" with its native essence and unique features, is here and almost ready for pre-bookings. Nationwide, after the success of unmatchable Jio telecommunication services, the Reliance Industries have well...