SBI Global Debit Card with Paypal

Does anyone tried SBI Global Debit Card with Paypal?

I was successfully able to confirm my debit card on paypal, but when i try to make any transaction or purchase anything it just says "This card can't be used"

Please note I am trying to purchase some subscription from foreign website and payment is in Dollars

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think Paypal only works with Credit Cards. I've been a long term user and never faced any issue.

Also, are you facing issue with this specific transaction or any transaction in general?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    No it support because otherwise i shouldn't be able to confirm my debit card, it is just my transaction is getting failed

I am trying to purchase subscription on this website
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I am not sure if SBI doesn't support international transactions with paypal or what is the reason, I even tried to contact my local SBI branch but people there don't even know about paypal
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Have you checked with SBI helpline if the 'global' debit card can actually be used for International purchases? Have you bought anyone online from a foreign company using your debit card?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Honestly speaking I tried, but I am not sure if I was lazy or I didn't have that much time to listen their whole instructions on "press 1 to do this, press 2 to do this" until I get press xyz to talk to our customer care executive directly

So I just thought of asking on CE if anyone tried here
  • Dipankar Ganguly
    Dipankar Ganguly
    NO. SBI Global debit card does not work with Paypal because of the restrictions imposed. In India debit card transactions require you to first enter the card details on the payments page, then you are redirected to the VBV (Verified by VISA) (if your card is VISA Global) page and enter the secure PIN or OTP sent to your mobile. This is something which PayPal does not want.
    PayPal has a list of banks on their website which has maybe agreed to implement the transaction process the way they want.

Shop using your Debit and Credit Card - PayPal India, #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Thanks Dipankar that's what I had thought,

100 Rs waste on this SBI Global Card I had purchased for this thing only 😔
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Get a credit card. You can negotiate to make it free for lifetime.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I guess bank account in another bank is my only option

Shop using your Debit and Credit Card - PayPal India

According to this link paypal just doesn't support transaction for any other bank except these
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Interesting to note that while SBI's logo appears on the page, the drop down doesn't list it.

Before you switch your bank, I'd recommend contacting PayPal and informing them about the issue. It could be an issue from their side.
    sbi-paypal
  • Dipankar Ganguly
    Dipankar Ganguly
    The SBI logo is there but it says SBI card which actually consists of a different series of cards from SBI for customers having high bank balance or something maybe and includes only credit cards. :-(
    I can feel you Manish, as I also applied for the VISA Global debit card for linking it to the paypal account but failed :-(
  • Sawan Tank
    Sawan Tank
    Manish Goyal
    Does anyone tried SBI Global Debit Card with Paypal?

I was successfully able to confirm my debit card on paypal, but when i try to make any transaction or purchase anything it just says "This card can't be used"

Please note I am trying to purchase some subscription from foreign website and payment is in Dollars
    Hello, Manish.
    I was able to transact internationally with SBI Global Debit Card with PayPal.
    First you need to add the debit card in Payment Method and verify it.
    Now transact from any international site selecting PayPal as Payment option.

Select the debit card and and enter CVV.
    Enter Pay Now ( Select conversion of money by Bank)
    Tada!
    Payment done.
    Please Note: Be careful before clicking pay button, as it doesn't require OTP verification and your money will be debited automatically.
    I just transacted for $6.99 (₹457.5)
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think Paypal only works with Credit Cards. I've been a long term user and never faced any issue.
    No, I am using Axis DebitCard without any issue with Paypal. May be it's just if your Debit Card is activated for International transaction or not.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Harshad Italiya
    No, I am using Axis DebitCard without any issue with Paypal. May be it's just if your Debit Card is activated for International transaction or not.
    Yes Harshad,it was my debit card not enabled for international transactions
  • Jasmeet Pabla
    Jasmeet Pabla
    Does anyone tried SBI credit card with PayPal?
    I need to send payment online overseas via PayPal. Is it possible through SBI credit card?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In 1980, John Goodenough invented Li-ion battery which worked due to movement of Li+ ions between the two electrodes. It has been more than 30 years and we are still...
Facebook is currently performing the trials on the new 'dislike' button. However, the button is being introduced as the part of the reaction emoji suite in the messenger and not...
Here is the code and the output. I don't understand why the output is a smiley. Can someone explain? #include #include void main() { char *s="hello world"; clrscr(); printf("%.*s", *s);...
Reliance Jio, the Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) owned telecom operator almost doubled the average download speed in January 2017 at 17.42Mbps over December 2016, according to TRAI; reports LiveMint. The...
Tata Motors has come up with a new variant of their popular hatchback Tata Tiago, now equipped with AMT (Automated Manual Transmission) to offer its customers a more pleasurable driving...