Save Our Tigers

Come on CEANS... let's be human for once and help to preserve one of God's beautiful gifts to our earth...

LET US SAVE THE TIGERS !

Our national animal is fighting for its life. From around 40,000 at the turn of the last century, there are just 1411 tigers left in India. If we don't act now, we could lose this part of our heritage forever. Speak up, blog, share the concern, stay informed.....
every little bit helps.
[​IMG]
#-Link-Snipped-# :->

Replies

• cooltwins
    cooltwins
    thanks for sharing the link rakesh.
    i am happy that i could atleast be counted in the "join the roar " campaign.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Just joined the roar!!
  • gohm
    gohm
    Wow, how sad, less than 1500 left?!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Joined the roar!!

Yeah very meager 1411 left how sad 😔
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    this has been the situation for a long time....😔
    we even got involved with another such movement while in school.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    i just joined the roar.
    hope it makes a big difference😀
  • g_rakesh2
    g_rakesh2
    just joining does'nt make any difference share it with your friends, with help of networking sites, blogs, mails etc.

It will make a difference follow steps as provided on the web site

Save Our Tigers
  • madugula
    madugula
    hi rakesh. i have just become a member of "Join the Roar" its nice that you have started this, otherwise i think we wouldn't have known that we are losing our heritage.. i will try my best to gather information. 😀
  • Vega
    Vega
    I just wrote a post on my blog on this topic. I am putting the same here.
    Aircel has recently launched a campaign to save tigers in India. I hereby, writing a post to do my bit. Well, there are only 1411 tigers left in India. This number is too less to keep an ecological balance. and if not protected, this number will go down soon. How much do you thing should be proportion of Tigers as to humans? Though there is no perfect answer to this, I think it is around 1:10. How did I figure it out? Well, a sheer judgement. Now some people might not agree to this proportion. For them, lets apply a factor of safety of 10. So this proportion is now, 1:100. This means there should be 1 tiger per 100 human beings in india. Now India's population is 1.1 billion (110 Crores). So there should be 1.1 Crore tigers in India. and how many have we got? One Thousand Four Hundred and Eleven. Now look at that huge difference. So we are short of 1,09,98,589 tigers. One Crore, Nine Lakhs, Ninety Eight Thousand, Five Hundred Eighty Nine. God, Where do we get those many tigers from?

Now, look carefully at the picture of cubs of tigers, above. Look at the grace on their face. This genetic gift of nature will be completely and permanently lost if tigers are not preserved. We will never be able to see that beauty again.

Now I want you to tell the best ways and means to save tigers. Let me start here by telling one. Let them live on themselves with zero human intervention in their territory.

Save tigers, save ourselves.
    What do you say?
    You can also read the same here: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The Tiger is also the national animal for Malaysia, though we seriously lack habitable areas for these creatures due to heavy deforestation.

There was a recent pledge from various countries about doubling the number of wild tigers by 2022. Feasible?
  • himalayan
    himalayan
    This is really a very important matter of concern and every should be part for saving the tigers.
  • leticia
    leticia
    Hi
    Can 3 Idiots save our tigers?

The Tiger Anthem!
    Just a thought.Please let me know if this idea can help support this cause

Thought Arena: Can 3 Idiots help save our tigers?

g_rakesh2
    Come on CEANS... let's be human for once and help to preserve one of God's beautiful gifts to our earth...

LET US SAVE THE TIGERS !

Our national animal is fighting for its life. From around 40,000 at the turn of the last century, there are just 1411 tigers left in India. If we don't act now, we could lose this part of our heritage forever. Speak up, blog, share the concern, stay informed.....
    every little bit helps.
    [​IMG]
    #-Link-Snipped-# :->

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi there guys, It is high time i try my hand on a mini project and i just came up with this idea of blue tooth enabled temperature sensor i...
I heard the commenter talk about 'Prima light' on Discovery Channel. Anyone knows what prima light is? Its used on the outer side of the buildings, so that the outer...
how can i get ubuntu source code.
hi i want to include a dos command in c program . how can i include it so when i run my program so it should run that command? 😕
We want to share with you an opportunity by which you can do a lot of social good by helping introduce NGO’s to a internet based knowledge and data management...