Save me !! Terribly confused !

My parents have given me two options for my Career.. Either pursuing Masters in Manuf. Tech in Australia or getting trained in my uncles' CNC company for 4 to 5 yrs and then starting up a own industry .. seriously confused !!

Which would be the wise option!!

Replies

• Vivien.hugo
    Vivien.hugo
    I think it depends on what you really want. Both options are fine. Or neither, you can also have your own option besides these two.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    what do you want to do (apart from what your parents want)??
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    CNC is manuf tech. So why not first do the MS in Australia, come back and do justice to the CNC business. I am sure the uncle will wait a couple of years. That way both choices have been used.
  • kookyhere
    kookyhere
    Thanks a lot :๐Ÿ˜€ but, I feel it a bit risky to take a huge responsibility to start up my own industry.. So, how good is to do MS and get settleed in a job there??
  • kookyhere
    kookyhere
    ianoop
    what do you want to do (apart from what your parents want)??
    I really wanted to do MBA in Hospitality and Tourism, Which created a huge mess in my family surroundings.. Noone to support me with this..So thought of pursuing my parents wish๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, the happy and sad smiley at the end of your messages conveys something. You wanted to get into hospitality and tourism but now stuck with entirely different options. I'd rule out the option of starting up your own tech industry as you don't seem to be confident about starting, running and managing your own enterprise.

In that case, it makes sense to go with what #-Link-Snipped-# has suggested.

On the other hand, why not have a serious discussion with your parents and inform them about your dreams and aims? Would they be open to listening? Sometimes a simple talk may do wonders. Try it.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Job satisfaction is the most important igredient to a contented life. Parents are not always right. You must choose an activity that you will take pleasure in, even if it is hard work at times.
    I would choose hospitality and tourism.
    Many have settled well and enjoying life in Australia. So long as you get an interesting job.
  • kookyhere
    kookyhere
    The_Big_K
    Okay, the happy and sad smiley at the end of your messages conveys something. You wanted to get into hospitality and tourism but now stuck with entirely different options. I'd rule out the option of starting up your own tech industry as you don't seem to be confident about starting, running and managing your own enterprise.

In that case, it makes sense to go with what #-Link-Snipped-# has suggested.

On the other hand, why not have a serious discussion with your parents and inform them about your dreams and aims? Would they be open to listening? Sometimes a simple talk may do wonders. Try it.
    Feeling relaxed ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜Ž I was keen on pursuing my dreams.. i had a talk with my parents about what i need.. But when they asked me "Can you give us your career assurance after MBA Hospit. and Touri.?"
    i was completely wordless.. Because I had no idea how would a Mech. Engi. exactly fix in to Hospitality industry๐Ÿ‘Ž .. i had no chance of getting guidance from a profesional from this field.. So.. over to my parents again.. If someone could guide me with that.. I would start abattle again with my parents ๐Ÿ‘
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    kookyhere
    I really wanted to do MBA in Hospitality and Tourism, Which created a huge mess in my family surroundings.. Noone to support me with this..So thought of pursuing my parents wish๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜€
    I think MBA in Hospitality and Tourism is totally different from your family background.
    Find a person in your relative who can explain your parent about your choice.Belive me it works.
  • kookyhere
    kookyhere
    ianoop
    I think MBA in Hospitality and Tourism is totally different from your family background.
    Find a person in your relative who can explain your parent about your choice.Belive me it works.
    If i had a person of that kind i would be the happiest person.. My bad luck. i am the first person to think on this in my "whole" family..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...well, the fact is that no one can guarantee anything! Even your parents won't guarantee that the options that they're suggesting will work. They may have worked for others in your family, but that *may not* apply to you. The point is, if you go with what you like, your chances of succeeding (or achieving what you want) are more.

If your interest is in hospitality and management, the chances of your success will be 10x more than any other career option. Just try to find out the success stories in the area that you want to work in and have another talk with your parents.
  • kookyhere
    kookyhere
    The_Big_K
    ...well, the fact is that no one can guarantee anything! Even your parents won't guarantee that the options that they're suggesting will work. They may have worked for others in your family, but that *may not* apply to you. The point is, if you go with what you like, your chances of succeeding (or achieving what you want) are more.

If your interest is in hospitality and management, the chances of your success will be 10x more than any other career option. Just try to find out the success stories in the area that you want to work in and have another talk with your parents.
    YUp๐Ÿ‘ Sure.. I am energized ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    kookyhere
    Because I had no idea how would a Mech. Engi. exactly fix in to Hospitality industry๐Ÿ‘Ž .. i had no chance of getting guidance from a profesional from this field.. So.. over to my parents again.. If someone could guide me with that.. I would start abattle again with my parents ๐Ÿ‘
    Labelling oneself as a mechanical engineer, Brahmin, old man and such severely limits thinking. If you consider adventure tourism like rock climbing, white water rafting or hang gliding, your engineering capabilities may even come in handy. I have a friend, who is full time into this and enjoying himself hugely as does his wife who aids and abets him. It has been a while since I heard from them. I shall post a contact to him if I locate it.
  • kookyhere
    kookyhere
    bioramani
    Labelling oneself as a mechanical engineer, Brahmin, old man and such severely limits thinking. If you consider adventure tourism like rock climbing, white water rafting or hang gliding, your engineering capabilities may even come in handy. I have a friend, who is full time into this and enjoying himself hugely as does his wife who aids and abets him. It as been a while since I heard from them. I shall post a contact to him if I locate it.
    thanks a lot #-Link-Snipped-#..
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    #-Link-Snipped-#, don't pursue someone else's dreams. You won't do justice to your life. It's no use landing up in a job where your heart and mind are not together.
    I completely understand why your Parents want you to pursue MS, join your uncle's company and then eventually start your own industry. Probably, they see a secure future for you; with your uncle's guidance and support with you as you would be in the same profession as your uncle.
    Ok. Your Parents ask you for your career assurance after your MBA, but can they guarantee your Happiness if you pursue their career options for you?!
    Just follow your passion. Obviously there will hurdles, all kinds of hurdles. ๐Ÿ˜ Eventually you will have to move out of your comfort zone. ๐Ÿ‘
  • kookyhere
    kookyhere
    Dancer_Engineer
    #-Link-Snipped-#, don't pursue someone else's dreams. You won't do justice to your life. It's no use landing up in a job where your heart and mind are not together.
    I completely understand why your Parents want you to pursue MS, join your uncle's company and then eventually start your own industry. Probably, they see a secure future for you; with your uncle's guidance and support with you as you would be in the same profession as your uncle.
    Ok. Your Parents ask you for your career assurance after your MBA, but can they guarantee your Happiness if you pursue their career options for you?!
    Just follow your passion. Obviously there will hurdles, all kinds of hurdles. ๐Ÿ˜ Eventually you will have to move out of your comfort zone. ๐Ÿ‘
    Yup๐Ÿ‘ I am going to have a battle with my parents again.. Thanks a lot D_E๐Ÿ˜€
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    kookyhere
    Yup๐Ÿ‘ I am going to have a battle with my parents again.. Thanks a lot D_E๐Ÿ˜€
    Don't have a battle. Do you want to worsen your situation?
    Just explain it to them in a simple way. Be calm. ๐Ÿ˜€
    A trick one of my friends had told me: When you are giving an interview, don't feel nervous or scared. Just treat the interviewer as your uncle or dad with whom you are comfortable talking to; and you shall perform well in the interview.
    Similarly, while explaining to your parents; imagine you are talking to that one person with whom your are comfortable and confident discussing anything.
  • kookyhere
    kookyhere
    ooooooookkkkkk๐Ÿ˜€
  • Nachko
    Nachko
    kookyhere
    My parents have given me two options for my Career.. Either pursuing Masters in Manuf. Tech in Australia or getting trained in my uncles' CNC company for 4 to 5 yrs and then starting up a own industry .. seriously confused !!

Which would be the wise option!!
    Listen to your heart.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CE, I wanted to know How to create a new devices. As Below Video shown which consist of devices and their function. I need to create like that device...
The social media seems to have an influence over the structural and civil engineers in South Korea. The newly planned skyscraper in Korea is awesomly hashtag "#" shaped (see photos)....
Red Hat, the open source solutions provider announced the setting up of it's largest engineering facility outside North America in Pune today. The company also launched another 'Engineering Center of...
Personal.com is a cloud-based data 'vault', that stores all your personal information in 'gems', and permits are assigned on a case-to-case basis. Personal data may include your bank account password,...
Hey. Is anyone into Hospitality and Tourism sector after your Engineering. If so, Pls do guide me !๐Ÿ‘ i am really passionate about entering this industry !