Satyam Layoff: 10,000 employees?

Okay, here's the news I knew would come out. Post the biggest corporate fraud in India, there are predictions that Satyam computers may lay off 10,000 of its employees. Satyam currently employees about 53,000 people across its offices throughout the world.

Can anyone confirm the news? Insider stories are welcome. If the layoffs happen, what could be the alternate plan for the laid off employees?

Replies

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Well they sure will do as they had suffered losses,I think those 10000 employees will be absorbed as they have the satyam tag,I would have appreciated if they had made salary cuts but not job cuts!!!
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    In another few weeks, if the company is not bailed out... entire Satyam might be laid off πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mayurpathak
    In another few weeks, if the company is not bailed out... entire Satyam might be laid off πŸ˜€

I am very sure you didn't want to insert that smiley at the end.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    The_Big_K
    I am very sure you didn't want to insert that smiley at the end.
    There was no option for a sarcastic smile, the way we have in Skype. I'm actually worried about the 50k employees there. πŸ˜’
  • Differential
    Differential
    The situation is worse because recession is going on! Had there been a boom in IT, laid off employees would have been easily absorbed. Now, it seems tough ! :-(
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Recession IS the main prime mover for layoffs around the world πŸ˜”
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    look at the positives guys,this recession is also spilling the beans out of the can,its true many poeple had to suffer but am sure after the recession every industry will bloom and once again everything will be back to normalcy...
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    .. and after the that, there will be recession again πŸ˜‰

That is how the economic system works, I'm afraid. I wonder if you put Control Engineers in charge, you wont have much oscillations. Feedback responses would be instantaneous πŸ˜›
  • kamskans
    kamskans
    I'm actually worried about the 11000 freshers in satyam who are almost certainly not going to set foot in their company. They are the real sorry story because since June they have been led to believe that they will be called soon and now after 7 months and almost 200 days of waiting they don't have a job. More so they are not freshers anymore so its all the more difficult to find another job.

One mans greed has spoiled the lives of many budding engineers. πŸ˜”
  • eduwiz
    eduwiz
    Many of my friends were about to join Satyam as a part of their placements . Now they all have to find an alternate solution .
  • aashima
    aashima
    As is being told, employees and investors are the prime concern. Satyam's employee force costs it around 500 crores every month. There isn't any confirmed news on the layoff though the salaries of all the employees have been pulled back for two months. This will help Satyam recover a loss of around 1k crore and may help in getting things straight.
  • charumathi
    charumathi
    kamskans
    I'm actually worried about the 11000 freshers in satyam who are almost certainly not going to set foot in their company. They are the real sorry story because since June they have been led to believe that they will be called soon and now after 7 months and almost 200 days of waiting they don't have a job. More so they are not freshers anymore so its all the more difficult to find another job.

One mans greed has spoiled the lives of many budding engineers. πŸ˜”
    what you have said is true.....its really a bad time for those people..
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Its true that freshers had to suffer since most of IT cos have froze their appointments,anyhow but there is still hope they are still fresh and can look upto other sectors especially Power,FMCG and Pharmacueticals even banking is going strong and each of this sector require all kind of engineers!!!
  • Mazerman
    Mazerman
    True, its just the greed. I got to know from some of my friends working there that people are being laid off though its happening in the most clandestine way. Also that the employees are being forced to resign themselves...Here seems to be some good initiative by a bunch of people...i think each of us who are really concerned about the 53K employees at Satyam should go ahead and sign this petition.
    Info:-
    Forum of IT Professionals

Sign Petition here:-

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Neha
    Neha
    There aren't much welcoming doors for Satyam employees(if they are being laid-off) as most of the companies haven't yet been able to call upon their freshly appointed employees due to recession.
    One possibility might be a white knight appearing for Satyam, or Satyam takeover by some other company which is hard considering the present global meltdown.
    Though I don't think, a-Satyam-tag will effect employee's career adversely.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am a small business entrepreneur dealing in garments. I want to expand my business and looking for some guidance and help. Thanks in advance.
I am doing a project on controlling computer mouse through eye movement. In my project, I have to take digital images of the eyes at regular intervals of time and...
Hey guys, Can somebody please give me url, from where to download the latest Novell netware OS? I learned it is free for download. Googled for the url but could...
Hey CEans! I have recently entered the realm of aerial photography, and know nothing about it at all πŸ˜‰ My aim is to capture an image of the ground from...
hi! Am a final year mechanical engineering student.I need few simple ideas that i can do as my final year project.I am not that fundoo..I am just a average studentπŸ˜€...