Sands.............. early concept

So, this is RealSense challenge. The technology I must say has become better though not as reliable as I would have expected. None the less, I received RealSense camera on 5.12.2014. Unfortunately Intel had RealSense challenge early submission deadline on 17.12. So I had about 12 days to figure out the technology, put up the initial concept in an app and submit.

Art always drives me crazy. last year it was Hand Shadowgraphy and this year it's Sand art. Though I am as poor an artist as your imagination can run, but the sheer joy of bringing a traditional art form to life through programming is like a raw kick of Afghan weed.

As I am also part of IoT Contest, which is in last phase ( where I am leading by miles and hopefully can have a podium finish), I got started with the work from 10.12.

The next part was Open Framework. Being a C# guy all my life, I have learnt to hate java more than we hate Mondays! Challenge was far more steeper. I had to start working with NetBeans, integrate RealSense ( very poor Java support with not a single working example) , work a little on my app concept and then code with Processing framework.
A week of mad coding and Caffeine overdose has gotten my framework ready and running and needless to say I am loving it.
Sharing with you the early demo video which is about 2% of the whole concept planned. Hope you enjoy.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Microsoft’s Xim, a photo sharing application, has just got bigger and better. The photo sharing application available on all the three major platforms- Android, Windows and iOS has been updated...
After the launch of Android tablet, Canvas Tab P666, powered by Intel processor, Micromax has unveiled its new reasonably priced tablet called Canvas Tab P470 at Rs 6999 only. The...
While the entire world is focused on uncovering data from the notorious Sony Pictures hack, ICANN has admitted that its systems were breached last month. As you all know ICANN...
Raghuram Rajan, the Governerof RBI forcasted about the recession in IT in the year 2008. At that time, his statement went un-noticed. 2014, August I guess, a random article in...
Along with the iPhone 6, Apple had announced their innovative payment solution - called Apple Pay. The good news is that the service is coming soon to India. Apple Inc....