SanDisk Launches World's Largest MicroSD Card And More Memory Devices

SanDisk is here with a bang. With its latest series of launches, everyone is bound to spellbound. Famous for its storage products across the world, this American MNC has today announced some of its coolest products so far. Starting with the world's largest MicroSD card having a 200 GB capacity, the company has brought Sandisk iXpand Flash Drive for iPhone and iPad, a Dual USB Drive ready for Type-C connectors and a Ultra Dual USB Drive 3.0. Now it can not be emphasized enough that the amount of data created on mobile phones these days exceeds all limits. We were amused to find that the huge 200 GB capacity pen drive is capable of storing 20 hours of Full HD video and has a speed that lets users transfer 1200 photos in a minute. This water/magnet/shock/temperature-proof device is perfectly compatible with all Android OS running devices and has a SD adapter for MIL camera. Priced at Rs. 25,000, this product comes with a 10 year warranty. If that doesn't dazzle you, let's see the rest of the list of products.

The SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive is now compatible with all iOS and Mac OS running devices alongs side the PCs. With capability to expand storage up to 128GB, this flash drive is said to be 3x faster than other drives. It features direct playback of videos and music via the iXpand Sync app available on the App Store. Compatible with all popular video formats, the iXpand Flash Drive lets you easily password protect your files and comes with a flexible connector for ease of plugging in. The pricing for this is as follows -
  • 16GB for Rs. 4,490,
  • 32GB for Rs. 5,990,
  • 64GB for Rs. 7,990,
  • 128GB for Rs 11,490.

Ultra_microSDXC_Black_UHS-I_C10_200GB_HR sandisk-ixpand-flash-drive-200-gb
sandisk-usb-dualdrive-type-c usb-dualdrive3-product

Next one on the list is SanDisk's first Dual Flash Drive to have a reversible USB Type-C connector and a USB 3.0 connector. With up to 32GB of instant storage space, this drive supports USB 2.0 as well. Thanks to the reversible nature, there is no wrong way to plug this drive it in and th swivel design only makes plugging in and out easier. With the SanDisk Memory Zone app available on Android, users can easily transfer files across devices running Mac OS 10.6 or above and Windows Vista to 8.1 OS versions.

Last but not the least is 'SanDisk Ultra Dual USB Drive 3.0', with storage space of up to 64 GB, featuring a high-speed (130 MBPS) connector. Priced at Rs. 1099 for 16GB version and Rs. 3049 for the 64GB version, this ultra plug and play drive comes with a 5 year warranty.

What are your thoughts about these products being launched in India, the features and pricing? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    SanDisk has earned the popularity over the years. However the storage devices from SanDisk are very costly as well.

A couple of years back, I wouldn't have thought about a pen drive with 200 GB, probably not in my dreams. However, now with the booming technology, I wonder that even 1 TB is far away. Portable hard disk (SSD's) size is not TOO big from the 200 GB pen drive.

I would have been very happy if the price of 200 GB pen drive were some where 5000 INR. I won't spend 25000 bucks for my pen drive.. never.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It has happened to us one time or another, you are scrolling up your Facebook or Twitter feed just to find that one of your many friends has managed to...
Facebook has taken a cue from its adopted son, WhatsApp and popular video messaging platform Skype and created a web browser version of its Messenger app. This service is basically...
Over the last four months, India saw the launch of many OPPO smartphones. Prominent ones of them include - OPPO R5, OPPO U3, Oppo 3000. As the Chinese manufacturer looks...
A new smartphone called Lenovo P70 has arrived in India for a price of Rs. 15,999 and already making waves about its good battery life. Lenovo India has been quick...
German automotive giant BMW and smartphone chip manufacturer Qualcomm have come together to create a prototype augmented reality eyewear. The product titled MINI Augmented Vision will complement BMW’s iconic MINI...