Samsung’s Smart Glow Feature Makes Notification LEDs Redundant

If you own a smartphone especially an Android one, chances are it has a notification LED on the front. The notification LED which is often programmable lets you know that your smartphone is charging or you have a notification from an unread text message. Leading smartphone manufacturer and electronics giant Samsung Electronics is planning to improve this idea with the induction of a new feature called the Smart Glow. The Smart Glow feature essentially consists of a coloured luminous ring that surrounds the smartphone’s rear camera module. The Smart Glow ring is capable of glowing in different colours to signify different alerts.

Samsung Logo

The Smart Glow ring notifies the smartphone user about calls and text messages. It also lets the user know if the phone is running out of charge and when it has reached 100 percent charge while recharging. The most impressive feature associated with the Smart Glow is “Selfie Assist option that lets you take selfies with the rear camera. When you activate this feature and face the rear camera of the smartphone the camera app recognises your face and lights up the Smart Glow when you are in view and takes the selfie a few seconds later. This Selfie Assist feature will come in handy with mid-range and entry level smartphones which have a less than average front camera but a capable rear camera.

Smart Glow

The report from 'Smart Glow' is Samsung's alternative to the notification LED - SamMobile - SamMobile suggests that the Smart Glow feature will make a debut on the Samsung Galaxy J2 which will be launched in India in the coming months. We have no idea if flagships like Galaxy Note or Galaxy S series shall feature the Smart Glow or not.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what will happen if a centrifugal pump is used for taking water into a level below its center line (certain flow rate is required). Usually performance curve is available only...
Panasonic India has put up their new smartphone for sale in the country. The Panasonic P75 was first spotted on e-commerce website Snapdeal where it is currently retailing at Rs....
ASUS recently launched two new laptops A540LA and R558UR for Indian markets at the price tag of Rs.20990 and Rs.43990 respectively. Both the devices are equipped with USB Type-C port...
I love crazyengineers.com I believe this is the right place for me to be because I love learning a lot. I would like to learn about website designing, I love...
Hello CEans Myself Jassem from Jaipur , I just completed graduation in btech(IT). I am going to Bangalore in next month to make career and sharp my IT skills as...