Samsung’s ‘Foldable Smartphone’ Galaxy X certified in South Korea, set for launch Next Year

In the tech-world of our times everyone in the market is set to outdo the other in terms of new additions and progressions to the existing know-hows. The latest to tow the line is Samsung with its new kind of folding smartphone. Going by the model number Samsung SM-G888N0, the device has just received its certification from the #-Link-Snipped-#based in South Korea.

samsung-foldable-galaxyx
According to the online reports, post-launch next year the smartphone would be dubbed as Samsung Galaxy X. It is expected to enter the prototyping phase in ‘this quarter’. The Galaxy X is touted to come with flexible or secondary display which turns on when the smartphone is folded. The phone will have a bendable section right in the middle, allowing users to hold the device like a flip phone with a physical home button up front. It is further expected to come with Bluetooth 5.0 and run on Android Nougat out of the box. The foldable smartphone is also speculated to come in two variants: Galaxy X and Galaxy X1.

Samsung-GalaxyX-foldable-phone-patent
According to the leaked renders online, the device was certified for Wi-Fi in April and Bluetooth in August. This would be the first folding smartphone from the company and seems to be intended for its domestic market for now. However no official statement has been made regarding the device by the South Korean giant yet, so all of it just remains a speculation to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Source:#-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Amused with the design looks yet have to wait till the official press release. If the rumors are real, It will be a trend setter for mobile fanatics

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Paul Allen, the lesser known co-founder of software giant Microsoft has been busy doing some pretty massive stuff. Back in 2011, Allen founded 'Stratolaunch' a company that aims to make...
I am fairly new to this concept of investing money online. I would like to know , how can i invest in national pension scheme of india online? for tax...
There's no doubt that the phenomenon of human civilization hitting the technological singularity is just a few steps away. Given we live the next 20 years, we might experience a...
The Indian Space Research Organisation aka ISRO had designed its Mars Orbiter Mission called 'Mangalyaan' to last for only 6 months around the distant red planet. However, the orbiter has...
i'm doing project related to jig and fixture design. can anyone gave me any idea what to do? the project need to used PLC, system such as pneumatic system and...