Samsung Z3 Launched In India. Price, Features & Specs Revealed.

Samsung Z3 has been launched in India with a price tag of Rs. 8490. The Tizen powered phone offers a 5" S-AMOLED HD display, 1GB of RAM and 8GB of on-board storage. It's run by a 1.3 GHz Spreadtrum SC7730S SoC processor and allows for expanding the storage capacity to about 128GB using microSD card slot. The phone weighs only about 137 gram and offers a candybar design that can fit comfortably in your pocket.

The phone gets a 8MP rear shooter with f/2.2 aperture along with LED flash. You will be able to click stunning selfies with a 5MP selfie camera. The phone offers ample connectivity options viz. 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, Micro-USB support, A-GPS and Wireless 802.11 b/g/n.

The phone is powered by a 2600 mAh battery that is coupled with Samsung's Ultra Power Saving mode. This mode will turn off all the non-essential operations from the phone and also turn the screen to pure black and white, allowing you to extend the battery life by several hours. Samsung has also incorporated the ultra data saving feature that compresses the data and allows you to lower your phone bills.

Samsung-Z3-Price-India

If you are out in the market looking to buy a new phone, you might consider the Samsung Z3. Note that it's not Android powered, so you are likely to miss the app options typically available in the Google Play store. That said, the Tizen store will offer most of the essential apps to get the work done. But if you love to play games and try new apps; you might be disappointed.

Samsung also announced the 'My Galaxy' app on Google Play and Tizen OS store. This app will offer four categories viz - Home, Services, Care and My Page; and show various offers, deals and discounts available for the user. You may expect to see offers from food chains like Pizza Hut to movie ticketing services like BookMyShow and others.

President of Samsung India electronics, H.C. Hong said that India has emerged as the key center for innovation and development of the Tizen operating system. India is the first country to launch the Z3 globally. Company's first Tizen phone, Samsung Z1 has sold over a million units in the first six months of its launch worldwide.

Replies

• Msajid
    Msajid
    so nice
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I personally think Samsung's strategizing to move away from Android. It's not happening anytime soon; but they've began taking steps. Their first aim will be to test the markets for Tizen; attract developers to build apps or post existing android apps to the Tizen platform and slowly make move. It was a surprising move that with the Gear S2, they decided to do it all with Tizen and not Android.

I think their first and foremost goal should be to get as many apps they can on their own app store. So that the Tizen buyers do not feel 'left out' and become the brand ambassadors for the Tizen.

I remember the days when I was using a 'Bada' powered phone. That worked perfectly, minus the apps. But I was happy!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

how can i prepare my self for GMAT exam
"Our institute own a firewall (fortinet 200B) that need unrestricted internet line from ISP to validate it's license. But our ISP disabled general traffic such as ping 8.8.8.8. So firewall...
I am Computer Science fresher (B.E. Computer - 2015). I want to make career in software development or web development. I want to work on multiple technologies rather than one,...
How broadcast packets get forwarded if router drops it??
Hello Sir My name is Shafeeda Yashmin and i have completed BE in Information Science with 62% from KVG College of Engineering , Sullia. I passed out in 2015 and...