Samsung “Smart Bangle” Could Be The Successor To Samsung Gear Wearables

With the emerging trend of wearable technology, companies like Samsung are continuously looking to iterate upon existing technology and improve them. Samsung’s recent patent shows that Samsung aims to develop something known as a “Smart Bangle”. Previously, Samsung has introduced smart watch with #-Link-Snipped-#, then they released a fitness band and branded it as Gear Fit. The Smart Bangle seems to be the successor of these wearable offering better features and design than its predecessors. The bangle may be made up of both flexible and rigid materials. Offering a cushion comfort for firm fit, the bangle seems to aim at both capabilities as a wearable and comfort for its users.

Smart_Bangle

It is said to improve upon the existing design of Samsung Gear 2 with better capabilities and features such as an e-wallet, bigger screen and may include hardware buttons. The patent reveals “Smart Bangle” to be a device with sliding display along with motion detection and wrist gesture technique to identify and interpret the commands. Moreover, it is said to have intelligent zoom functions for maps, facial recognition lock feature and much more.

The basic idea of the Smart Bangle seems to be closely related to Apple’s iWatch patent which they made in February 2013. But in its patent, Samsung has added many more features and capabilities in an attempt to extend its range of wearable section.

What are your thoughts on this upcoming new “Smart Bangle” by Samsung? Please let us know your views on this through comments section below.

Source: Samsung Invents a New Wearable Device: The Smart Bangle - Patently Mobile

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    I don't see a significant difference between smart bangles and Samsung's already launched Gear and Gear 2. I would probably term that as upgraded version.

Am I missing something here?
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Rajni Jain
    I don't see a significant difference between smart bangles and Samsung's already launched Gear and Gear 2. I would probably term that as upgraded version.

Am I missing something here?
    Yes, probably an upgraded version. You can view the full details about patent from the Source link 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone. 😀 I need some help here. I've just completed 1st year(2nd sem) of mechanical engineering, and I was thinking about preparing for GATE. So, I want some suggestion...
Here is some news that might offer some respite for people with Type-1 diabetes. Boston University's researchers have 'bionic' pancreas that automatically regulate blood glucose level. People with type 1...
Worldwide obesity has nearly doubled since 1980. In 2008, more than 1.4 billion adults were found overweight. Of these, over 200 million men and nearly 300 million women were obese....
We are much familiarized with centralized virtual currency Bitcoins. It has been in news since it was first introduced and many people have presented their views on threat to invest...
2 petabytes is huge. Let us put things in perspective, at 768 kbps video, 128 kbs audio (like the iTMS videos), a two hour movie on an average is almost...