Samsung Galaxy 'Sudden Death' Issue - Good News

Do we have any user @ forum who is a victim of the 'Sudden Death' issue of Samsung Galaxy S3??

If you are not aware of the problem... A month back from now, when Galaxy S3 had completed almost 6 moths MANY users had reported an issue that their phone ishut down automatically and did not come up again.

Many believes that this problem was tied with the motherboard.

Recently a source from Samsung confirmed, that this issue may be resolved with a firmware update and Samsung is working on HIGHEST priority to resolve the same. Though they have not given the time-frame, however one should expect the update pretty soon from Samsung.

-CB

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I wasn't aware of this issue. Could you post more information on this? If the phone's not turning on - what'd be the possible way of upgrading the issue? I think people will have to take their phones to the Samsung service centers to get the fix.

#-Link-Snipped-# uses Galaxy SIII and I wonder he's facing the same issue. Wondering if other Galaxy series phones are also affected.

Update: Found more information on a dutch website called 'tweakers'. The issue, as Samsung says, is limited to a very limited number of Galaxy S3 models with 16 Gb storage. It's a firmware issue (it's not been made clear which Android firmware is causing the problem) that is being worked on by Samsung.

No other galaxy phones have been affected by this bug.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I am using SIII and after the recent upgrade my phone is dead slow , I think it is going to die ๐Ÿ˜”

I will check its status and will post updates.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    It's international version of Samsung galaxy S3... I9300XXELLA - 16 GB cells that has reported the maximum number of problems.

though good news is Samsung had figured out the issue and is committed to role out the fix pretty soon.

Per a news channel they have already started calling Samsung units for firmware updates in UK.

-CB
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Good to hear , but trust me the speed of the phone is pathetic. Since i have been using since 6 months and i can see a clear difference between my older version and newer version of andriod. If someone has not upgraded just dont upgrade.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    English-Scared
    Good to hear , but trust me the speed of the phone is pathetic. Since i have been using since 6 months and i can see a clear difference between my older version and newer version of andriod. If someone has not upgraded just dont upgrade.
    Can't you roll back to older version, if its just software? is it a silly question... ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

-CB
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    crazyboy
    Can't you roll back to older version, if its just software? is it a silly question... ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

-CB
    Problem is that, it is Firmware!
    Firmware is software which is embedded in device to control device's hardwares.
    Depending on which type of ROM the firmware is embedded to,we can tell whether we can replace it or not.
    Flashing firmware is possible if firmware is embedded in Flash ROM,else it can't be flashed.I don't think modern devices uses EEPROM or EPROM or simple PROM 'cuz these ROMs have plenty drawbacks over Flash ROMs.

However Android uses flash ROMs,that's probably the reason why we can flash custom firmwares.If you want stock firmware (the old one) then you can get all PDA & CSC file which is easily available in XDA community forum.Download latest "Odin", turn Android in "download mode" & flash the desired firmware.

PS : Wrong selection of firmware(Mounting different model's PDA & CSC file in S3)can soft-brick the phone.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    My S3 does lag sometimes. But I'm more annoyed with the default keyboard bug where pressing the backspace key will output "L". Will probably use other keyboard apps ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Get rid off Samsung ROM and install custom ROM preferably pure nexus based.
    They are a lot faster and clean also you will always run latest Android release.
    Don't worry you can unroot anytime.๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Have any of you Civil/Structural Engineers ever come across a type of fire resistant coating that can be sprayed unto structural steel?
the limitations of wireless performance majorly due to limited bandwidth....generally what is the bandwidth allocated for wireless services??? i mean there will be certain fixed allocated bandwidth isn't it???
how much maximum pressure does a 250mm dia DI pipe withstand and what are the advantages in using DI pipes in place of CI pipes?
Hi all, Please let me know, how to design feedback network using opto-couplers?
MIT researchers have developed a new P-Type transistor that promises to speed up the carrier mobility by up to 4x, resulting into faster performance. The researchers were able to replace...