Samsung Galaxy S6 Specs Overview - All The Leaks And Rumors So Far

The South Korean tech giant Samsung has promised to launch the Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone at the Mobile World Congress (MWC 2015) event in March. As we go nearer to the launch date, the rumors and information leaks about the Galaxy S flagship smartphone only tend to thicken. With all the rumor mills running on full power, we thought we would aggregate all the news surrounding Galaxy S6 smartphone. Recently, a report on TOI suggested that a Galaxy S6 prototype was imported in India for R&D purpose. Carrying the model number SM-G925F, the phone was a curved variant of S6 and was supposedly carrying a price tag of Rs. 44,900 at the time of import declaration.

A rather strong rumor suggests that just like the recently launched Asus Zenfone 2, the new Galaxy S6 phone will pack a 4GB RAM which makes room for better performance and memory management. Other information floating around speaks of a Quad HD display which means a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixel, a 16-20 megapixel rear camera, a 64-bit procesor (it could be Exynos 7420 or Snapdragon 810 and internal storage options could be offered in variants of - 32 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB

samsung-galaxy-s6-specs-features-price-launch

The folks behind the design of Samsung Galaxy S6 have codenamed their unit as 'Project Zero'. They hope to build "the best Galaxy S flagship yet" by redesigning it from the scratch. Another addition to the specifications list is an improved fingerprint sensor. To work just like the one on Huawei Ascend Mate 7 or iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, the new sensor will let users unlock their phone with a quick touch and hold. The fingerprint software also connects to a Samsung account and PayPal. This means much faster access to online services as well as mobile payments.

With that we come to the end of all that we know about the smartphone so far. What are your thoughts on the all new Samsung Galaxy S6? What are your expectations about its specs and pricing? Share with us in comments below.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    They've been showing the bezel-less phones for a pretty long time (ever since the days when S3 was rumoured). I just hope they'll finally have it ready.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I did not like the bezel less design EVER.
    may be it's only me 😁
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Just get rid of that damn TouchWiz, will you Samsung ?
    Google Play version of this device will be epic!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    Just get rid of that damn TouchWiz, will you Samsung ?
    Google Play version of this device will be epic!
    I actually like TouchWiz. I like Xiaomi's UI even more. I hope Sammy folks will allow themes support.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I actually like TouchWiz. I like Xiaomi's UI even more. I hope Sammy folks will allow themes support.
    All I love is Trebuchet (CyanogenMod's launcher) and the awesome CM Theme Engine. GNL looks ugly in Lollipop. I have never liked TouchWiz and never will. MIUI looks decent though, but the term 'proprietary' is keeping me away from it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If it's all about having a messaging client, I'm wondering why not the 'cool kids', the 'early adopters', the 'crazy engineers' should switch to Telegram App? Except for the fact...
Project Abstract / Summary : Recently, Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) technology has been widely used in various fields such as public safety applications since it provides a wide range of...
Read pages 26 - 31 here: https://issuu.com/redbulletin.com/docs/0215_us_lowres/1
hello guys, i am working on the fbar resonator and want to does the design and simulation using the well known research field software ANSYS 14.5. i designed the geomatry...
Quote: Oracle, soothsayer, augur, visionary—it sure seems one would have to have one of those jobs to figure out how disruptive changes in healthcare are going to affect the medical...