Samsung Galaxy S5 Packs Freebies Worth 575 USD At Launch Next Month

Samsung has officially announced that Galaxy S5, which is scheduled to launch next month will come stuffed with premium apps and subscriptions worth over 550 USD. This seems to be an overwhelming news for people planning to get this new Galaxy S5, sounds great right? However, all the freebies will not be used by everyone but everyboby likes free stuff, right? Now you might be curious to know about the freebies that its offering. Well, it packs a six-month subscription to The Wall Street Journal which is valued at 160 USD and is great for those who want to read the news on the go. There will also be a three-month Evernote and Linkedin's premium subscription valued at 15 USD and 75 USD respectively. You get a year-long access to Bloomberg's Busineessweek. Moreover, Galaxy S5 will come bundled with 1 year subscription of Run Keeper Premium plus a limited time premium services for MapMy Fitness and Skiple. Won't this be just the best for fitness conscious users?

Freebies_Worth_575_USD_To_Come_Loaded_In_Galaxy_S5_Samsung_01

The list continues further by throwing in 50 GB of free cloud storage for a period of six months from Box valued at 60 USD. Reminding you about its newly added heart-rate sensor, this package offers one year subscription of Lark's personal wellness app, which can be used to monitor your health. It will also include three months of subscription to 1TB of Bitcasa storage. You can go through the entire list of premium app inclusions on #-Link-Snipped-#. It seems that the apps listed on the site are US specific. However, we can expect the similar offers in Britain and Ireland.

Freebies_Worth_575_USD_To_Come_Loaded_In_Galaxy_S5_Samsung_02

Now, that you know what complementary freebies you will get with this gadget I would like to give you a fair idea on its price. The device is available for 599 GBP for pre-order in UK and for 730 EUR in Spain. When we convert, it comes around 1000 USD. Hence, we can expect Galaxy S5 to come in the range of 600 USD to 700 USD. The offer is worth giving a thought as it offers value for money. Also, it is revealed by UK's Carphone Warehouse that Galaxy S5 has received maximum pre-registration requests than any previous generation smartphone. This indicates that Galaxy S5 can be Samsung's biggest-selling handset ever. This gadget will be available at all major US carriers including some new prepaid additions. It is expected to hit the stores on 11 April in 150 countries.

It seems that Samsung wants to chase Apple's iPhone 5S with its pricing and hence Galaxy S5 won't be cheap. What do you think about this announcement? Will Samsung be able to give a good competition to Apple from its S5 launch? What are your views regarding this newly adopted marketing gimmick adopted by Samsung? Share your views with us in comments section below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    These freebies are of no use to me, so per me I won't care if these apps will cost USD 575 or may be more than that.

I am wondering that S5 has got such a overwhelming response in UK. Per me GBP 600 or EUR 730 is a very big amount and I would rather spend that money for buying iPhone 5S rather than going Galaxy S5 (because all past galaxy series phones were less popular than rival iphones).

Agree?
  • Sunil Singh
    Sunil Singh
    Rajni Jain
    These freebies are of no use to me, so per me I won't care if these apps will cost USD 575 or may be more than that.

I am wondering that S5 has got such a overwhelming response in UK. Per me GBP 600 or EUR 730 is a very big amount and I would rather spend that money for buying iPhone 5S rather than going Galaxy S5 (because all past galaxy series phones were less popular than rival iphones).

Agree?
    Well Samsung allows you to share these freebies with your family members and also with your friends. Regarding the price tag, I would say Samsung is offering value for money. Offering 575 USD worth freebies and pricing the device in the range of 600 USD to 700 USD is alright I think. As what you will be paying from your pocket is just 200 USD to 300 USD in real sense. I personally feel that this is the best that Samsung has to offer and I think it can give a good competition to iPhone S5.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Sunil Singh
    Well Samsung allows you to share these freebies with your family members and also with your friends. Regarding the price tag, I would say Samsung is offering value for money. Offering 575 USD worth freebies and pricing the device in the range of 600 USD to 700 USD is alright I think. As what you will be paying from your pocket is just 200 USD to 300 USD in real sense. I personally feel that this is the best that Samsung has to offer and I think it can give a good competition to iPhone S5.
    The point is, I need a phone and If I go for Samsung S5, I HAVE to spend $600-$700 bucks. I do not require any of the app (LITERALLY NOT A SINGLE ONE OFFERED BY SAMSUNG S5), and I believe these apps doesn't have big market in India.

So, these are forced to a consumer stating that we are giving you apps worth $575??

Or in other words, The phone is a awesome deal if you require these apps; If not, It is very costly.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi friends. I am doing a project on "Performance test on single cylinder diesel engine fuelled with Neem biodiesel" I had started the process of extraction of biodiesel from Neem...
As we already knew from the leaks regarding Apple’s iOS in the car system, today Apple officially announced “CarPlay” at Geneva International Motor Show. CarPlay will integrate your iPhone with...
Microsoft’s Windows phone 8.1 update is becoming the most awaited update for windows phone users and developers. Some features of Windows Phone 8.1 were revealed when WP8.1 emulator was demoed....
Gigasites, the two live network test sites developed by Optus to test its entire spectrum assets, have had many a firsts to their names: They've registered the highest total throughput...
Dear friends, I am looking for an ebook naming - Properties of Concrete- written by A M Neville. Regards Kyaw