Samsung Galaxy S5 battery specs: Li-ion, 2900 mAh & rapid charging

Well, but even with those specs, the Galaxy S5 may not offer a better battery backup. Why? Because the phone has to power a 2K display - that'd make your eyes pop-out with its clarity and colors. Note that the S4 has a 2600 mAh battery and it does last for about 1.5 days on a regular usage.

The battery will be powered with a new technology that will allow for very rapid charging and also allow for storage of more charge in the same size as that of S4's battery. It uses silicon for the electrodes and not the traditional graphite.

What's your take?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi friends, I am studying final year Automobile Engineering and I should do a project as a part of academic system. I searched for many things but destined here and...
3D-printing enthusiasts now have a whole new tune to dance to, for Adobe now pushes their unorthodox hobby to mainstream, as it now introduces tools to its Photoshop software that...
Explore in the following delightfully animated videos six famous thought experiments that the universities expose their students to. 😀 The Paradox of the Tortoise and Achilles The Grandfather Paradox Chinese...
Microsoft Academia Accelerator will soon be functional at all the IITs, BITS Pilani and IIITs. The accelrator will conduct workshops to cover the industry relevant topics and technologies and also...
Mircomax Canvas XL A119 is the latest entry from Micromax in the Android mid-budget segment. Powered by a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, the Canvas XL A119 features a 6-inch touchscreen...