Samsung Galaxy Note Pro - Costliest Android Tablet In India

The South Korean giant - Samsung has today launched its latest tablet - Galaxy Note Pro (32GB) in India for a price tag of Rs 65,575. At this price point, it is now the costliest Android tab in country. Apple’s iPad Air (128GB) however tops the chart with a price of Rs 65,900. The tab was unveiled at Consumer Electronics Show in January this year.

The Galaxy Note Pro flaunts a 12.2” Super clear LCD screen with a resolution of 2560*1600 pixels which brings up a pixel density of 247ppi. It also packs the S pen stylus and side mounted stereo speakers. The device is 8 mm slim and weighs 753grams. Samsung’s Exynos 5 Octa 5420 is in charge of the CPU which has 4 Cortex-A15 cores clocked at 1.9GHz & 4 Cortex-A7 cores @1.3GHz along with Mali-T628 MP6 GPU. Internal storage provided is 32GB and it is expandable up to 64GB via microSD card.

note_pro
note_pro_2

It sports an 8 MP autofocus primary camera with LED flash and 2 MP front camera, both of which can record full HD videos at 30fps. As of connectivity options, the tablet supports 2G, 3G, Wi-Fi, infrared, Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB 3.0, GPS and GLONASS. The tablet is powered with a big 9500 mAh non-removable battery. The Note Pro has some pre-loaded apps like image/video editor, office document viewer/editor, Picasa, Sketchbook, etc. The tablet runs on Android 4.4 KitKat and uses its own custom TouchWiz UI on top, which brings along new version of Muti-window multitasking and many new Air commands. The new version of Muti-window multitasking now supports up to 4 apps at a time.

The device ships in two colours as black and white with faux leather finish. The company is also offering a free cover worth Rs 3,799 with the device. The tab will compete against Apple’s iPad Air, ASUS Transformer Pad TF701T and it also has some windows platform rivals as Microsoft’s Surface 2 and Nokia Lumia 2520.

So, what are your views for this Samsung’s new tablet? Share with us in comments.

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    @#-Link-Snipped-#: Would you consider this for drawing over to your other tablets/drawing pads?
  • Deepak Gopalakrishnan
    Deepak Gopalakrishnan
    I'd love to try one, Anoop. But I doubt it will have the pressure sensitivity / pure drawing capabilities of a dedicated drawing tablet. Which is why Wacom's own tablet-with-display, the Cintiq, is so darned expensive.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

After a gap of five years Microsoft is all set to unveil the next version of DirectX this month. Details of DirectX 12 will be made public at the Game...
I am a 3rd year btech student in computer science..i live in kolkata..i am looking for a internship in this summer..so i want some info about the internship and how...
In the recent MWC 2014 event, Samsung unveiled their flagship smartphone - Galaxy S5 with a heart-rate monitoring sensor. In competition with them, Azoi Inc. has developed a case (cover)...
am doing a project under this domain!!!! pls help me ..i want to know how can i transmit the viedo signal through light??
The fingerprint has evolved very little in the last 60 years. Until about 20 years ago, fingerprints were primarily used by law enforcement agencies to identify criminals. However, of late,...