Samsung Galaxy Note III

[​IMG]
Now that the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S4 has been done and dusted, the Korean smartphone maker is now focusing on their next flagship device.
We are already hearing a lot of rumors regarding Samsung's plans to launch the Galaxy S4 mini soon and there are also reports suggesting that the Galaxy Note III will debut at the IFA conference in Berlin in August.
Rumor: Galaxy Note III to have 8 core CPU and 8 core GPU. - SamMobile - SamMobile, is reporting that the next phablet device from Samsung, will come with a Exynos 5 Octa-core processor, Mali 450 GPU with 8 cores and 3 GB of RAM. If this is indeed true than this phablet will sure be worth watching out for in the performance department. The Samsung Galaxy S4 is powered by 1.6GHz Exynos Octa-core processor in some regions, and a 1.9GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon quad-core processor in others. In India it is the 1.6GHz Exynos Octa-core processor variant that has been launched.

The website is also quoting some of its trusted sources in mentioning that Samsung expects that this version of the Note device will also get the same kind of success as one enjoyed by the previous two iterations.

As per rumors, the Samsung Galaxy Note III will feature a 5.99-inch full-HD Super AMOLED display with diamond pixel structure, much like in the Samsung Galaxy S4. Samsung Galaxy Note III will have the same size as the Galaxy Mega 5.8, however, its bezel will be smaller just like in the Samsung Galaxy S3 and Samsung Galaxy S4.
For camera, Galaxy Note will allegedly have a 13-megapixel rear camera. SamMobile also notes that the Galaxy Note III will run on the latest version of the Android, which will likely be Android 4.3 along with a layer of Touch-Wiz interface.
Earlier rumors have suggested that Samsung will be adopting a plastic OLED display for this phablet. There have also been news reports that suggest that the Korean smartphone maker is planning to have a metal exterior for its Galaxy Note III phablet. However, the #-Link-Snipped-# that have been posted online do not hint at a metallic exterior.
Well, If they are progressing at such a great speed,with phone after phone loaded with such great features, I think that time is not far away that Laptops and desktops would disappear. A 3GB RAM in a in a phone with 5.9inch display is something huge compared to a normal 15inch Desktop with 2GB RAM usually used at homes.
All is said and done, which brings a thought in my mind - IS IT REALLY WORTH ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The source of above article is: #-Link-Snipped-#

PS: Please avoid copying articles from other source.
  • AbhinavS
    AbhinavS
    Sure Sir. Apologies. A newbie. Yet to get accustomed to the CE ways.
    I assure no such mistakes here onwards. But can we give our opinion on a particular topic ? I mean surely the source is from the internet but the views expressed are the authors views. Moreover how do we delete or remove these posts ? 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sure - just avoid copying; that's all about it 😀 Let's get back to the topic now -

I've used Note I and Note II; and I'm all done with the gadgets now. I used to be a proud gadget freak for a long time but now have given up my gadget love. So my opinion here may not 'matter' much.

Note III will definitely push hardware and software to its limit, just like the S4; which currently is the smartest phone available in the markets. For what its worth; I'm yet to find a 'real' use of a smart phone beyond making phone calls, sending receiving messages and getting entertained through various ways. That's all about it. I've tried to use the phone for serious use - creating content (audio/video/text) and do some productive work on it and I found myself wanting to go back to larger screen - maybe a laptop with a physical keyboard.

What excites me though is the newer platform which may make mobiles look like a thing of past - The Google Glass. If the price and availability permits; I'd definitely try to get one - probably the 3rd or 4th generation.

Addendum-

Looks like I didn't answer the poll question. The real reason is because the advancements in electronics and computing allow us to push the limits. So the answer, I think is 'just because you can'. There's no other reason.
  • Abhijit Dey
    Abhijit Dey
    Samsung wants to take away the market from the other smartphone manufacturers. Since they are going good in the 20k range now they are trying to better themselves in the 15k and 10k range which is evident with the launch Galaxy Win. Samsung doesn't have promising changes in functionality, where the new features added in S4 are still buggy. Most of the manufacturers only are adding hardware changes to the phones and nothing on the software part of their own. Waiting for something more like the innovative UltraPixel camera sensor by HTC.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Zync, the company that has vowed to bring commercial tablet computers at extremely affordable prices, is here with its all new 10.1 inch tablet called the Zinc Quad. Labeling it...
Mobile OS wars have gone crazy in recent years, where Android and iOS seem to be at the forefront. Many smartphone manufacturers come up with commercials which include mockery of...
Hello friends, Now there is one question that keeps me pondering. What is the difference between a link and a channel in communication system in context to their architecture and...
In my home one mcb tripping with out load after 2 to 3 mins. I switched off all loads. and switched ON the Mcb, but with in 2 to 3...
Hey everyone, I'm doing my Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering, currently in third year. Honestly, i spent the two years in my engineering not knowing what I'm actually doing. I just...