Samsung Galaxy Note II Android 4.3 Firmware Upgrade Available In India

Samsung Galaxy Note II Android 4.3 firmware upgrade is now available in India for download. This 700 MB upgrade is available over the air (OTA) and through updated version of Kies software. Note II users were waiting for this upgrade for quite some time now and we confirm that the upgrade is officially rolling out in India. This firmware has been reported to be stable unlike the one on Galaxy SIII; which was halted because several users reported issues after upgrading the firmware.

What's New in Android 4.3 on Note II?

The latest upgrade is quite a big one and brings a good number of changes. The user interface of Note II has been upgraded to match that of Galaxy S4 and Note III and brings in Samsung KNOX & Wallet services. If you were waiting to buy the Galaxy Gear; you may do so now because your Note II will become compatible with Galaxy Gear after the upgrade.

NoteII-JellyBean

There are several other additions like TRIM support and better management of the memory. The default keyboard has been upgraded and a lot of users have given thumbs up to the new one. The lockscreen gets widgets, new screen modes. There's a new driving mode, move to SD card feature, actionable notifications along with sound & shot camera mode. Several of the core Samsung Apps have been upgraded as well.

What are you waiting for?

With no issues reported by users who've upgraded their Note II to latest firmware, you may safely upgrade your devices and enjoy access to several new features. If you upgrade your phone's firmware, do share your opinions, reviews of the new Jelly Bean with us. Note, there's no official word on when the Kit-Kat will release for Note II. Expect a long wait for the chocolate!

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    @#-Link-Snipped-#: Did you get it?

P.S: I tried to check Software Update from the About Device option in Settings, but it seems the latest updates are already up for me which is still infact 4.1.2. I have a doubt whether there is any particular model for Indian Versions as such. I bought my device Non LTE Version GT N7100 from Kuwait (Phone is Made in Vietnam). Does it not work in this way?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - Yes, I tried downloading the firmware through Kies; but it was pathetically slow. So I cancelled at about 21% and decided to give OTA a try. I had never installed firmware OTA (at least, firmware this big!) but the download took almost about an hour and about 5 minutes to complete the install.

The apps have been updated and the UI is improved. I'm yet to form an opinion; but the firmware does look nice and some of the little improvements in the UI are welcome additions.

If you bought the phone in India - the firmware should be available to you. Did you try using Kies? Note that you will have to install the latest version of Kies first before you get access to the firmware upgrade.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is the difference between half controlled and full controlled bridge rectifier.when we can control the voltage with half controlled bridge rectifier, why going for full.what is the difference that...
Here is a balancing feat that few can match. The end where the violin bow held in the mouth supporting a 'leaning (glass) tower' is used to play the violin...
How Action class in Struts2 handle multiple requests from client.Action class is not thread safe in struts2.How to handle concurrent requests.................
I've been looking to take up a new project for myself - being 100% honest for 2 full days and maybe if it works out well; then for 4 days...
Woof! Woof! Quote: The amazing and furry Porter 9-Volt, the musically inclined canine, performs a quick composition entitled "bow-wow-ruff-ruff." The hound dog mix has been training musically since his little...