Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini Goes Official With Android Lollipop & 3G Connectivity

Samsung has dived into the entry-level Android smartphone market with the launch of Galaxy J1 Mini. The Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini was launched on the company’s Philippines website quietly without informing about the price and availability. The Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini is the younger, less powerful sibling of the Samsung Galaxy J1 that was launched last year. The Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini sports a rather underwhelming 4-inch WVGA (480 x 800) resolution TFT display that is not protected by any protective glass. While smartphones from Indian manufacturers in the same price bracket come with larger 5-inch displays Samsung has opted to stick a smaller display on the Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini.

Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini  1
Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini  2 Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini  3 Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini  4 Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini  5

Underneath the hood of the Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini we find an unspecified chipset probably from Qualcomm housing a 1.2GHz quad-core processor and 768MB of RAM handling Android 5.1 (Lollipop). Here too Samsung has cut corners by going for a lower capacity RAM. The Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini has an internal memory of 8GB and you are allowed to expand that storage to up to 128GB with the help of microSD cards. This Dual-SIM enabled smartphone however does not support 4G and you have to settle for 3G only. The cameras on the Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini are nothing to write home about, on the rear we find a flash-less 5MP sensor and on the front we get a CMOS VGA sensor.

Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini  6

The Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini is powered by a user-removable 1500mAh battery that is claimed by the company to offer 8 hours of talk time. Connectivity features on the Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and microUSB. On the Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini we find no proximity sensors but a lone accelerometer sensor. The Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini is currently exclusive to Philippines but we predict that it will make its way to other markets soon.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : In today’s world the use of robot is going on increasing. Robots are able to carry out every work more effectively and efficiently than a...
Dear Sir. Im going to start constructing new house. Structural engineer has provided me the drawings for column footing (5'6" x 5'6") at the depth of 6 feet from NGL....
I m in last sem of my btech (MAE). Recently, I have applied for SSC cgl & IES .. Now as an engineer i think i should prepare for IES.....
Google has taken a hint from Windows and released the developer preview of its newest mobile operating system while it’s still under development. The Developer Preview of Android N has...
We all use ad-blocking plug-ins on our browsers to get rid of the pesky ads but what if your browser blocked ads by default? Opera’s desktop browser on Windows has...