Samsung Galaxy Gear Live & LG G Watch: Features, Tech Specs & Price In India

Google has launched the Samsung Galaxy Gear Live & LG G Watch at Google I/O 2014 - Keynote. Both these smartwatches feature the company’s new smartwatch operating system, Android Wear. Since we already know about the Google Announces Android Wear Platform; Invites Developers For A Preview, we shall not bore you with the details once again and get straight to the smartwatches. Starting with, Samsung Gear Live.

Samsung Gear Live

Samsung Gear Live 1
Samsung Gear Live 2 Samsung Gear Live 3 Samsung Gear Live 4 Samsung Gear Live 5

After #-Link-Snipped-# Samsung's Galaxy Gear 2.0 To Run On Tizen Samsung Gear 2 And Gear 2 Neo Launched With Added Features GEAR FIT: Samsung is ready for another addition to GEAR family, Samsung has embraced Android Wear with its #-Link-Snipped-#. On first look you can immediately notice its stunning SuperAMOLED screen that measures 1.63” inches and has a resolution of 320 x 320 pixels. This might seem pointless but Samsung has mentioned that the display has a pixels per inch figure of 278 ppi. You can even use the smartwatch this monsoon as it is IP67 water and dust resistant. Underneath we find a 1.2GHz processor along with 512MB of RAM. The #-Link-Snipped-# has an internal storage of 4GB. Just like Samsung’s previous offerings it also hooks up to smartphones with the help of Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy. The big change found in this smartwatch is that unlike the Gear, Gear 2, Gear Fit and Gear 2 Neo which could be paired only with Samsung Galaxy devices, the Gear Live can be used with any Android smartphone running Android 4.3 or higher. It houses accelerometer, digital compass, gyroscope and heart rate monitor sensors and is charged with the help of USB pogo pin charger included in the box. The Gear Live weighs 59grams and is powered by a 300 mAh battery that is claimed to last for an entire day. The smartwatch will soon arrive on #-Link-Snipped-# with a price tag of Rs. 15,900.

LG G Watch

LG G Watch 2
LG G Watch 3 LG G Watch 4 LG G Watch 5 LG G Watch 1

While Samsung’s iteration of Android Wear fails to specify the processor, #-Link-Snipped-# that it has managed to cram in a smartphone processor into a smartwatch, specifically a 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor. Coupled with the processor you get 512MB RAM to run Android Wear on a 1.65-inch LCD IPS panel display which has a resolution of 280 x 280 pixels. The #-Link-Snipped-# too is IP67 water and dust resistant and has an internal memory of 4GB. The watch is tad heavier than the Gear Live at 63 grams and is powered by a 400mAh battery. This smartwatch hooks up to any smartphone running Android 4.3 or higher via Bluetooth 4.0. It is currently available for pre-order #-Link-Snipped-# for a price of Rs. 14,999.

Among the two we would recommend the Samsung Gear Live has it has a better screen and houses more sensors than the LG G Watch.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I have got 2nd rank in CDAC entrance test. Please suggest best centre for embedded systems keeping in view of faculty and placements.
i have completed my BTech this year in ECE stream with 70% aggregade. i have apperaed for AP PGECET this year and i have got 218 rank in it also...
hey hi frnz ! which field is good to startup track for fresher? S/w or N/w ?
Apple has waited long (really LOOOOONGG!) to launch its revamped iPod Touch, but a MacRumors report suggests some new models launching pretty soon. As per the post, a $200 variant...
We hear a lot of things about share trading. People sometimes always complain they lost a lot of money. Nothing is logical in share market. Of course there are people...