Samsung Galaxy Android Camera?

Samsung is all set to introduce the Galaxy Note II at IFA in Berlin, Germany this year. But it's being rumoured that Samsung will also announce an Android powered camera at the event. The camera is likely to have Android 4 (ICS) and the sensor will be 16 MP. We might see the camera capable of 3G connections and even equipped with Wi-Fi module to make sure that the photos you capture can be uploaded to your online storage accounts.

The other specs might include a 10X digital zoom along with xenon flash. Looks like Samsung will launch the camera as an answer to Nikon's recently launched Android powered cam.

I however want to understand what makes these companies launch point-and-shoot cameras when the phones themselves are capable of capturing stunning photographs. What's your general opinion about separate point-n-shoot cameras and whether they should be sold as separate devices or included with the phones?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Not sure what Samsung is up to this time. But if it indeed is a camera, we can think about its applications in a positive way. With a point-and-shoot camera running on Android, people can have a lot of apps like the one for doing timelapse movies and upload and manage the photos/videos to your favorite social networking sites without having to carry a laptop to your next camping trip.
    Nod your head to it or not, but people still look like morons when they take photographs from a tablet. 😁

Plus, those who don't like Instagram can keep their photos in raw mode and run a powerful photo-editing software along.
    A hard-core photographer can tell better. Anyone?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Do people still buy standalone point-and-shoot cameras?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    When it comes to camera people only need quality photos.
    It'll be interesting to see, if it can replace general point&shoot cameras.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Samsung seriously needs someone creative for suggesting name. That "GALAXY" is making me sick. I mean every other phone is Galaxy, wtf? The models are getting so confusing. On top, the secondary identity is also extended like Galaxy Ace duos, galaxy ace xyz, galaxy ace bac. Come on? Stop it already...

I'll look forward to camera though..😁

#-Link-Snipped-#, yes they do. The reason is simple. At the cost of a mobile with decent camera, you can buy a DSLR..😛
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - I'm not sure whether entry level DSLRs do all the magic. It's basically the lens and the sensor that really matters. But DSLRs are a separate league altogether. We're talking about point-and-shoot ones; the ones that you see in most people's hand at any average tourist spot.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    The_Big_K
    #-Link-Snipped-# - I'm not sure whether entry level DSLRs do all the magic. It's basically the lens and the sensor that really matters. But DSLRs are a separate league altogether. We're talking about point-and-shoot ones; the ones that you see in most people's hand at any average tourist spot.
    The Nikon D5100, pretty decent & lot better than the point to shoot ones.

I meant to say that, at the cost of a mobile which have a decent point to shoot capabilities you can actually buy a DSLR. Mobile camera's despite of being powerful are not yet that good in budget phones.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    hello! adjustable lens??
    in case you are point and shoot types - no need to run behind standlaone cameras, but still standaone cameras have lot more settings than phone/tablet cameras.
    Few of my frieinds owe DSLR and they create magical pics of them.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I have argued with friend over this issue, and understood from people who love photography (As they told me) that , they are interested to buy a point and shoot camera with the same Megapixel and zoom of a Galaxy SIII phone.

Reasons:
    1. Camera has more options.
    2. It actually looks like a camera to take a proper photograph.
    3. Cost is less.
    4. Maintenance is easy. For this if we go for a trip its good to put phone in the car and walk with a camera instead of walking with a baby (SIII or Iphone).
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Watch live:
    Introduction of Galaxy S camera and Note 2

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    From live event:
    Features

4.8 clear lCD
    Jelly Bean 4.1
    1.4 Ghz QuadCore processor
    Voice command enabled like take photo, zoom in/out
    FULL HD , 720x480 @120fps
    21X optical zoom
    16mp 1/2.3 BSI CMOS sensor
    1650mah battery

Wow.. its looks pockatable camera...
    Untitled
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Galaxy Note 2 Specifications

5.5-inch HD Super AMOLED display,
    1280 x 800 resolution
    16:9 aspect ratio
    1.6 GHz quad-core
    2GB of RAM
    8 megapixel rear camera,
    1.9 front camera for self portraits,
    3,100 mAh battery
    Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
    16, 32, and 64GB storage options
    4G LTE models in the US shortly

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Western Digital recently forayed into the wireless router market and has launched WD My Net N750 HD Dual-Band router in India for Rs. 7200. WD promises greater range with their...
This thread will appeal more to the Indian engineers who aren't from IIT. I remember checking the IIT results online for the first time (over the Internet; it was all...
Throughout my engineering days while learning C++, I used to think why these computer languages are so dumb. One " ; " missing and they throw up an error on...
ELAN 2013 is the technical and cultural fest of IIT Hyderabad. Organized and celebrated every year with growing enthusiasm, this is one event that IITians from Hyderabad are surely looking...
Are there any jobs with start up for my experience. i have 6 years of experience in ERP domain. I am learning Pythong language. I know Java also along with...