Samsung Collaborates With Barnes & Noble To Design Co-Branded Nook Tablet

Samsung Electronics Co Ltd and Barnes & Noble Inc have now partnered to create co-branded tablet to revive latter's Nook business. This collaboration shall marry Samsung's hardware to Nook's software, and together they shall be making their abode with Barnes & Noble's digital library comprising over three million books, magazines and newspapers even.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 based Nook tablets shall be launched in a 7" version in the US come August. All Barnes & Noble retail outlets shall have them for sale, and the tab could even be availed on its #-Link-Snipped-#. B&N has agreed to purchase 1 million tablets in the first year of launch, and this agreement shall be extended to fifteen months if the devices fail to meet sales target, stated the company in filing.
samsung

Michael Huseby, Chief Executive, Barnes & Noble, stated that B&N's collaboration with Samsung was a big leap in its efforts to rationalize Nook's failing business. With Samsung in the play for co-branded tablets, the company can now reduce its exposure towards the substantial cost structure and other financial commitments that usually follow ownership of the hardware production aspects of the Nook tablet business, he added. The company last year had stated that they'll put on hold the production of new Nook tablets till it found a partner, after losing a lot on the financial front while fighting for the market against Amazon Inc, Apple Inc and Google Inc.

Barnes & Noble shall continue offering its NOOK GlowLightâ„¢ tablet and continue to offer customer support to its millions of customers.

Replies

• Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Barnes & Noble was late to understand the markets demands which Amazon has realised years ago with its range of Kindle Fire tablets.
    It seems Samsung's new design chief has opted for a new design with the Tab 4. It looks like the amalgamation of Samsung smartphones and iPad mini.
    Awaiting the spec sheet and pricing information before delivering the final verdict.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HI i am a diploma student i want an creative IT project
Researchers at the Penn State University have found that the obsession of the general populace for bigger phone size may just well be for emotional reasons more than practical ones....
The GNOME developers are busy developing a new notification system which will replace the current implementation of the notification tray in their upcoming stable release of GNOME 3.14. Among the...
Hi there ! So, I was installing Ubuntu via USB stick on my desktop. (Actually started desktop after like 6-7 months). The USB giving me installation option and running a...
Hello friends, I am thinking about a hybrid car. Its front wheel will be powered by an engine and rear wheels will be powered by an electric motor. If anybody...