Samsung Chromebook Launch Happens In India; Price and Specs Sheet Detailed

Google is toning up its Chromebook muscles in India, and adding to the effort is Samsung Chromebook that was recently launched for Rs 26,990/-. The Samsung Chromebook could be availed from either Reliance Digital, Chroma or any online retail stores. Not just this one, but Google has announced that the entire range of Chromebooks is available in the country at their stores in a total of seven cities – Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Hyderabad, Chennai, Kolkata and Bangalore. The Samsung Chromebook features a 11.6-inch display (1366x786p resolution), 1.7GHz Exynos 5 dual processor with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal memory (Solid State Drive). It reads 1.1kg on the weighing scale and is just 17.5mm thin.

samsung-chromebook1-635

The Chromebook sports a 0.3 megapixel webcam, and for connectivity supports Bluetooth, Wi-fi, HDMI and USB (2.0 and 3.0). It even has an SD card slot, audio slot, and a micro-USB port. Just like its other Chromebook brothers, the Samsung Chromebook runs Google's Chrome OS. It offers 6.5 hours of battery life. Many Google products like Search, Youtube, Hangouts and Gmail come pre-loaded on the system.

Google has collaborated with Airtel and Tikona to offer a exclusive broadband internet offers to its Chromebook users. While Airtel is offering a gree 3G/4G dongle with new data plans for Chromebooks, Tikona has on plate a Wi-Fi router and 20 months at 4MBps priced at Rs. 4,999.

Below stated are Samsung Chromebook key specifications at a glance-
  • 11.6-inch (1366x768 pixel resolution) display
  • 1.7GHz dual-core Samsung Exynos 5 Dual processor with 2GB RAM
  • 100 GB Google Drive Cloud Storage (for 2 years) with 16GB SSD
  • Built-in dual band Wi-Fi, 3G modem (optional)
  • VGA Camera
  • USB 3.0, USB 2.0 (1 each)
  • HDMI Port, Bluetooth 3.0
  • 6.5 hours of active battery life

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Only thing in specification I don't like is ARM processor. I am still looking for Intel Haswell based Chromebook in India by Asus or Samsung . The moment haswell based chromebook arrives in India, I am gonna buy it.

Install linux distribution alongside ChromiumOS using GitHub - dnschneid/crouton: Chromium OS Universal Chroot Environment or #-Link-Snipped-#. Chromebooks are best device out there at it's price range.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google Nexus 7 - the Android Jelly Bean OS featuring tablet is now launched in India at an attractive price point across all the cities. The price of Google Nexus...
Swiss engineers have found a way to increase the throughput capacity of fiber optic networks by 10x. The engineers tweaked the shape of light pulses to reduce the space between...
I want to write a script to -read and write Database -send http request/response to server Which is the best language I can use? Perl or Python? I am not...
Maybe this should go to the Chem E section. However, the principle demands a wider audience. So here. Non Newtonian fluids have a force/viscosity relationship. Higher the applied force greater...
Failures should be taken in stride. Especially in engineering. This dad, who failed to repair a kitchen scale used its sensors to convert a wheel chair for his virtually totally...