Salary Slip or Bank Statement - When Switching Job?

I am working for a startup. When I switch job, will the new company ask for my bank statement or the pay-slip?

Short answer: The new company will ask for your past company’s pay-slip. It gives them insight into how your pay was split from tax perspective.

The hiring process and requirements can vary from one company to another, so there is no definitive answer to your question.

However, it is relatively uncommon for companies to request bank statements or pay slips during the job application process.

Typically, employers rely on other means to assess a candidate's qualifications and suitability for a position.

During the hiring process, companies typically focus on evaluating your skills, experience, education, and conducting interviews to assess your fit for the role.

They may also verify your employment history by contacting your previous employers directly or through background checks.

That being said, there might be exceptional cases where companies may require additional documentation for specific positions, especially if the role involves financial management or positions of high trust and responsibility. In such cases, they may request bank statements or pay slips as part of their due diligence.

However, it's essential to note that such requests should be handled with caution.

Personal financial information is sensitive, and it's always wise to inquire about the purpose and confidentiality of the information being requested before providing it.

If you have concerns about sharing certain documents, it's best to communicate your concerns with the hiring company and seek clarification on why the specific documentation is necessary.

Overall, it's advisable to be prepared for a potential employer to request references, employment history, and other related documents, but bank statements and pay slips are not typically part of the standard job application process.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yukkendar
    I m working in startup company, when i will jump to some other company,what they expecting from as pay slip or bank statements???
    Pay Slip. If your current startup company does not provide you with a pay slip, you should talk to the owners.
  • Yukkendar
    Yukkendar
    Ok,but can switch over other company use of bank statements ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yukkendar
    Ok,but can switch over other company use of bank statements ?
    There is no general rule. Each company will have its own HR and recruitment policies. The HR officers may decide that they want to see your salary slips over bank statements as credible source of your previous employment. A bank statement does not necessarily inform the source of your income.

But to be on the safer side, you should have salary slip.
  • Yukkendar
    Yukkendar
    Fine,I will ask my salary slip
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Only Salary Slip., if you have your bank statement remember the comments in the bank statement can be made while transferring money same case goes with depositing salary.
    So it is not advisable to go for a bank statement. All asks for payslip and there will a company logo or company name or some signature to make sure that payslip is authentic.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It's been about seven weeks since NASA's New Horizons did the historic flyby of Pluto on July 14th. It surely did collect lot of data including stunning photos, spectra and...
If you want to have fun with the self-driving cars, all you need is a $60 DIY system built using Raspberry Pi and a laser pointer. That's what Jonathan Petit,...
Motorcycle Taxi service in India seems to be the next 'big thing' that will make it in India. If you are a lone rider; you don't have to pay for...
hello everyone, I am participating in a Robowar competition .so i have a question regarding motors. which type of motors should i use. how much RPM,weight? please reply soon
How should we prepare for this I.E.S in E&TC Are there any Reference books? Coaching If any.....