TCS Salary After 1, 3, 5 and 10 Years In 2023

TCS Salary After 1, 3, 5 and 10 Years In 2023

Working for TCS is a dream for a large number of Indian software engineers. Several of my friends have been with TCS since the start of their careers. Some of them have been with the company for over 15 years!

Naturally, the question is - how does the salary progression look like in TCS if you are at different stage of career.

To answer this question I researched on the Internet and also talked to friends who are working in TCS.

Salary Packages in TCS Vs. Years of Experience with TCS

Let me answer your question straight away. Following are the salary ranges offered to TCS employees-

• After 1 Year: 3.14 LPA to 3.8 LPA (Lakhs Per Annum)

• After 3 Years: 4.5 LPA to 5.5 LPA

• After 5 Years: 6.1 LPA to 8.3 LPA

• After 10 Years: ~18 LPA

Now, you may have a friend in TCS who’s earning way off the above ranges; but keep in mind that these are the average salaries.

Salaries are typically decided by the project, your performance, and your past experienced + skills. There are certain professions like “Data Engineering”, “Data Science” that are evolving rapidly and are quickly becoming top-paying skills.

In addition, there are latest emerging technologies like Blockchain and Generative AI that have suddenly spiked in demand after the COVID times.

Perks of Working with TCS

While you consider the salary figures; also think about why people really aim to work for TCS. I’ve been told that these salaries are on the ‘lower side’ if not at par with the industry standards in the IT field.

But the salary makes up for the ‘almost guaranteed’ job. People equate TCS job with that of a government job where you can work without pressures and strike a good balance between your work and life.

Now, there might be projects where you’ll have to work harder than ever. such projects will exist in almost any company that you’ll join.

In addition to job security, following are the perks for working with TCS:-

1. Learning Opportunities: TCS provides extensive training and learning opportunities to its employees. This includes skill development programs, workshops, and certifications in various technologies and management practices.

2. Career Progression: The company offers clear and structured career progression. Employees can move up the ladder based on performance and skill levels.

3. Global Exposure: TCS has a global presence, which could mean opportunities to work with diverse teams and potentially even on-site assignments in different countries.

4. Job Stability: TCS is known for its stability, which can be a significant advantage in the uncertain IT industry. We already discussed this!

5. Work-life Balance: While this can depend on specific projects and roles, TCS generally promotes a good work-life balance with flexible work options.

6. Diverse Portfolio: TCS works across numerous sectors (like banking, healthcare, manufacturing, etc.) and technologies, giving employees a chance to work on a variety of projects.

7. Employee Benefits: TCS offers competitive compensation, health insurance, retirement plans, paid time off, and other perks.

8. Corporate Social Responsibility: TCS is involved in various social responsibility activities, giving employees opportunities to contribute to society.

Let me know how’s your salary with TCS? Are you happy with it and what are your experiences of working with TCS.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# to share their views.
  • Sharvari Panchbhai
    Sharvari Panchbhai
    What I have been observing as a trend in IT industry is that most of the employees having more than 2 to 3 years of experience are trying to switch to other companies rather than sticking to their current job in order to get good salary, diverse job profiles, and better opportunities. This also helps them avoid stagnancy. Lateral hires tend to get higher remuneration.
  • jayeshdhumak
    jayeshdhumak
    Attending the TCS interview in span of two years twice will it be ok?.

I mean to say that if the guy gets rejected in aptitude then he cant attend the interview process but creating a new profile and the attending the interview in the span of 6 months and having selected in that. Does it cause any future problem? does TCS remove candidate like that?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - your question has already been answered in another discussion.
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Ankita Katdare
    Most freshers joining TCS for the last couple of years get a salary package of Rs. 3.15 Lakh per annum.
    It is revised I guess Ankita. If I am not wrong, it has been 3.5 LPA.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Yes. It keeps changing. Back in 2011, it was 3.5. Changed to 3.2 and now it's back again.

Any word about salary for experienced professionals in TCS?
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    It depends
    - For a member who has joined TCS as a fresher, for him/her, the salary would be the figure you quoted.
    - For a member, who is laterally hired, he/she would be getting a hike of 30 to 50 percent (which is normal). So, if someone from Infy/Wipro jumps to TCS, the salary must be 30-50 percent more than the regular people (considering your point, that the salary across the companies are the same.)
    - For lucrative job openings, if the member removes a bottleneck in any project, he/she would get an awesome hike for sure! 😀
  • ankita111111111
    ankita111111111
    What is the salary of a Tech lead in TCS?
  • M@h@devK
    M@h@devK
    I am a lateral joinee for TCS havng 3.6 years of experience in a technology(service virtualization) which is very rarely used. how much hike should i expect?
  • vaibhav1991
    vaibhav1991
    Hi All,

I was in Infy for 2yr and 10months then i switched to Product Based company in Noida with a hike of 70%. Now i am getting a call from TCS. I having 3.3 yrs of experience now.

Will TCS pay me 30% more of my current salary?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Could you share some insights?
  • vaibhav1991
    vaibhav1991
    sorry i didnt get you. I am new to this group. I even dont know how to use it properly :-(
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# I have simply tagged Koushal in the post above requesting him to answer your query.
  • vaibhav1991
    vaibhav1991
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Thanks 😀
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    vaibhav1991
    I was in Infy for 2yr and 10months then i switched to Product Based company in Noida with a hike of 70%. Now i am getting a call from TCS. I having 3.3 yrs of experience now.

Will TCS pay me 30% more of my current salary?
    It all depends on what salary they are offering to other employees with same designation. Please know that, there would not be having an hell and heaven difference. For a 3.3 years of experienced person, normally salary bracket would be in between 4.45 LPA to maximum 5.5 LPA (Salary would touch the digit of 5 provided associate has got earlier promotion due to continuous A bands or whatsoever).

Even if TCS gives hike of more than its normal i.e. 30 - 40 %, they would re-correct your salary as per their bracket next year's appraisal cycle/Final anniversary cycle. I learned from some offline source (can not authenticate it though), one member from iGATE joined TCS with a fantastic hike. In the next year appraisal, his salary hike was merely in multiple of hundred rupees. The reason shown was to make the salary figure in between their allowable bracket.

Besides, there are possibilities like below, where they could offer you your desired hike
    If
    1) You remove a bottleneck in any project which is going LIVE shortly and they want you to be on the boat.
    2) Your skill set is unique and they are very much awaiting for person like you to showcase their manpower hub to buy/bid some project.
    3) If you are willing to work on a project for which they are not getting person with desired skill set or Associates are refusing to do that project.
  • mahender prajapath
    mahender prajapath
    I

agree ....
  • saish borkar
    saish borkar
    Hello Everyone,
    I'm new to this site.My question is I'm having 3+ years of experience in development and now I'm looking for the job change but my package is less than 2 LPA.So what package should I expect from MNC's or other companies?

Thank You,
  • saish borkar
    saish borkar
    Hello Everyone,
    I'm new to this site.My question is I'm having 3+ years of experience in development and now I'm looking for the job change but my package is less than 2 LPA.So what package I should expect from MNC's or other companies? #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#

Thank You,
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    saish borkar
    My question is I'm having 3+ years of experience in development and now I'm looking for the job change but my package is less than 2 LPA
    There are lot of factors involved and the answer can't be straightforward based upon the information you've provided. A lot depends upon the kind of domain, technologies, tools you are experienced in.

I'd say expect about 30% raise in package on switching your job to a new company. All the best!
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    saish borkar
    Hello Everyone,
    I'm new to this site.My question is I'm having 3+ years of experience in development and now I'm looking for the job change but my package is less than 2 LPA.So what package I should expect from MNC's or other companies? #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
    Thank You,
    Now a days there are lots of startup, financial and healthcare related MNC's give compensation as per your competency not on the previous salary.
    A general perception of salary is 1.5*Years of experience after 3+ experience. Your salary somehow lesser than expected but don't worry.
    If you are enjoying and learning current work. Better speak to your current manager about why you are not getting right compensation and whats need to do from your side to get proper hike and promotion.

If you are switching job -
    1. Get well prepared so that you can able to bag more than 2-3 offer.
    2. You can freely negotiate to Company Y that company X is providing you better work and compensation, so whats your offer and what kind of environment you are going to work in.
    Also, don't get emotional with any company by name or the effort you have given.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

how capacitance is measured
Hi everyone I am Madhusudan K R currently working as Assistant Project Manager in construction company in Bangalore I want to do LEED and Bream certifications can you tell me...
Hi... I had completed my B.tech from Mechanical Branch in the year 2013. I am fresher right now. I was preparing for the various competitive examination.. I want to do...
iBall has given itself another reason to be ranked amongst the leading brands in the Indian tablet market. In collaboration with Intel and Microsoft, iBall has launched a new tablet...
If you are into web development and especially front-end development, chances are high that you favourite browser is Google Chrome because of its simple and elegant development tools options. In...