Sailfish OS Will Be Available For Android Devices!

Jolla Engineer, Harri Hakulinen confirmed that Sailfish OS will be available for Android devices.
#-Link-Snipped-#

I hope soon there will be freedom of choice of OS in mobile too 😁

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Update :
    Install Jolla Sailfish OS in Nexus 4 👍
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Vishwas_p13
    Vishwas_p13
    I hope Jolla Sailfish OS would become a huge success and Nokia would repent on its decision for ditching MeeGo and switching to Windows. Btw its great that this OS would be available for android devices, may be in near future we would have devices with dual boot. But don't you think installing these OS unofficially pose security threats?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Vishwas_p13
    But don't you think installing these OS unofficially pose security threats?
    What kind of security threats ? Can you elaborate ?
  • Vishwas_p13
    Vishwas_p13
    Manufacturers produce device imposing certain restrictions which users should avoid breaching, in this case if the masses start installing this OS on their device unoficially, and in case if they goof up with the flashing process it would create a strain on the hardware leading to a bricked phone. If installed successfully, which means I've sucessfully circumbented the security restrictions put by Android so won't the device now be prone to worms, malwares and viruses?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Popular crowdfunding platform Kickstarter was hacked, as was said in its blog statement on Saturday. The reason behind the attack is unknown. The attackers departed with usernames, encrypted passwords, e-mail...
It's very common to see parents scolding their ward for spending too much time playing video games. But as reported by Fox News, playing video games can actually prove to...
Hello @Kaustubh Katdare sir, Do you have any information, or can you please refer somebody who knows, about Inter stream placements opportunities in CDAC. I saw a list of companies...
Google has acquired SlickLogin, a start-up company from Israel which made its debut just 5 months ago. The acquisition was confirmed after SlickLogin posted about it on its website, where...