Saavn Arrives On Windows 10 As A Universal App, Windows Phone 8 Users Disappointed

Windows 10 users had something to cheer about this Thursday when Saavn unveiled the Windows 10 universal app at a glittering function in New Delhi. Saavn had fleetingly mentioned in July that it had been working with Microsoft to create the Saavn app for Windows and hinted a launch date just after Windows 10 arrived on Indian PCs. This news has proven to a bittersweet deal for Windows Phone users in the country. The problem here is even though the Saavn app is a universal one; it only works on Windows 10 devices. This means a desktop PC or Surface Pro 3 and even a Windows Phone that runs a beta version of Windows 10 will be able to run the app but current Windows Phone 8.x smartphones won't. Windows Phone users have to wait until the end of this year when hopefully Windows 10 is launched for smartphones.

Saavn

The Saavn app on Windows 10 is also a half-baked affair. Features such as Saavn Social, ad-free Saavn Pro and Saavn Radio are missing from the app. While Saavn assures that the aforementioned features will be rolled out to users in the following months, this does betray Microsoft fans who have been waiting patiently for years for the app to arrive on the Windows platform. The Saavn app on Windows 10 does embrace nifty Windows features such as adaptive layout and live tiles with a home screen that is identical to its Android and iOS app, a tricky affair considering cumbersome Modern UI of Windows operating system.

When we tried to check the app on our Windows 10 device but we found out that not only Your request appears to be from an automated process present on the Saavn website were broken but also that the app is not up on the Windows Store as of this writing. We shall be updating the article with the download link as soon as the app arrives on the Windows Store. You can also expect a short review this weekend.

Source: Saavn launches a Universal Windows App for Windows 10 | Windows Central

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys, I am searching for a right software to draw/model chemical processing plants in isometric view. I am not getting one. Can anyone help? I have attached an image...
I am using Oracle database management system to write SQL queries. So far, I have written around 200 queries in SQL command line editor to perform a variety of tasks....
I am in final year and i have selected to make a game as my project . Please help me is making a game a valid project .Does it come...
IIT Delhi seems to have taken a bold step this year by making Internships optional for students. The students of third year can now opt for live projects in the...
suggest me some topics for ma project related to thermal engineering and manufacturing management (shop floor management) as well