S. Korea Hashtag "#" Inspired Skyscraper | 21k Sq.m | 214 & 204 Meter Tall

The social media seems to have an influence over the structural and civil engineers in South Korea. The newly planned skyscraper in Korea is awesomly hashtag "#" shaped (see photos). The Dutch architectural firm, Bjarke Ingels Group aka BIG is putting all the brains behind this upcoming skyscraper. The overall structure will be 21000 sq.m in area and the two towers will be 204 and 214 meters in height. I'm quite sure that this upcoming skyscrapper is going to make Seoul's skyline even better. What do you think?

(Click on image for bigger view)

dezeen_Cross-Towers-by-BIG_1dezeen_Cross-Towers-by-BIG_5dezeen_Cross-Towers-by-BIG_6dezeen_Cross-Towers-by-BIG_12dezeen_Cross-Towers-by-BIG_13dezeen_Cross-Towers-by-BIG_e

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm expecting comments from our CEans on this one ๐Ÿ˜€ Express your opinion on this upcoming construction ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The structures are sparklingly beautiful. The overall concept and design takes a step ahead in construction. It will definitely stand out in the skyline.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Wouldn't it be nice if people could express their opinion on most of the threads ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    I love the way these new structures are using space effectively, and beautifully. I love Petronas Twin Towers for the same reason. Super stuff! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I wonder why the towers go twin most of the times. Looks like it's got to do more with aesthetics and the overall stability.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Awesomeness! ๐Ÿ˜

How are the lower bar and lower bar supported?
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    the lower bar and upper bar must not be a individual parts ๐Ÿ˜€ it must have all the beams as continuous from the two towers.

It reminds me of the CCTV tower in Beijing. #-Link-Snipped-#
    The designs must be similar to this ๐Ÿ˜€ But in CCTV tower they used diagrids to increase strength of the walls and reduce the dead load. Dunno how this is going to be? Have to look into it ๐Ÿ˜€

These two towers give a new definition to the term "skyscraper". ๐Ÿ˜Ž

And this looks super cool ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I see a lot of Civil Engineers registering but no one really commenting in these sections. Come on, folks!
  • Reya
    Reya
    It looks awesome ๐Ÿ˜€ This structure gives a unique look. So the interlocking bridges between two skyscrapers will be used for outdoor activities ๐Ÿ˜€ Must watch skyscraper in South Korea I should say.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Fabulous, I love the construction ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Red Hat, the open source solutions provider announced the setting up of it's largest engineering facility outside North America in Pune today. The company also launched another 'Engineering Center of...
Personal.com is a cloud-based data 'vault', that stores all your personal information in 'gems', and permits are assigned on a case-to-case basis. Personal data may include your bank account password,...
Hey. Is anyone into Hospitality and Tourism sector after your Engineering. If so, Pls do guide me !๐Ÿ‘ i am really passionate about entering this industry !
Airtel has just launched in Bangalore. The telecom operator became the first one to offer 4G LTE services in India by launching the 4G network in Kolkata on April 10....
Track 8 is your cool music player app for iPad and it derives its GUI from Microsoft's Windows Metro. The video demo is quite awesome. The app sells for $1.99...