Running a business online.

Hello crazyengineers,
I am interested in starting an online business(An educational portal). I am working toward's it and for the past two months i have been learning, planning and testing.
I will share with you whatever i have learned. I will tell you how to create a website and other stuff.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Good to see you here, Rahul. Wish you all the best with your venture. Keep us posted.
  • rahuljain.
    rahuljain.
    In this post i will tell you about creating a website assuming that you have thought about your idea well.
    1.To start a website it is not absolutely necessary to know any programming language.
    2.You need a domain name(#-Link-Snipped-#), a host and a CMS(those who don't know programming ).
    3.A domain name can be purchased at godaddy.com.(world's no.1,Do a google search for "godaddy discount coupons" and use them to save a dollar or two. )
    4.Get a Cpanel host(google is your friend. I am too).
    5.Install joomla cms(can be done through Cpanel once you get a host.Believe me its simple.)
    6.Go to digitalpoint forums and get yourself whatever graphics and logos you need.(spend some time for searching, find good service providers).
    7.Any doubt's, ask me i will help as much as possible.
  • rahuljain.
    rahuljain.
    The_Big_K
    Good to see you here, Rahul. Wish you all the best with your venture. Keep us posted.

Thank you The_Big_K,
    I have seen crazyengineers site before but did not join as i thought it was for geeks. I asked The_Big_K a question and he replied promptly and showed me that this site is for people like me too.(Wannabe entrepreneurs.)

• Differential
    Differential
    Well....that is really very useful information ! and I have a question.
    1) What is Cpanel host? Does one need to purchase it? Approx. cost?
  • rahuljain.
    rahuljain.
    Differential
    Well....that is really very useful information ! and I have a question.
    1) What is Cpanel host? Does one need to purchase it? Approx. cost?

A Cpanel host is a host who provides the user with the option to control his website with Cpanel.

A host is one who stores your website files on his servers(think hard disk) and when a user of your site requests it provides him with it.
    Cost can be as low as one dollar per month. It depends on the space and performance you require. For most small websites 100 mb is enough and this can be bought for a 1 $/month.

P.S. For your blog wordpress is the host.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In all the websites(watblog, pluggd, startupdunia....) that write about startups there is not a single website that gives us information on what one can earn through a website or blog....
Hey guys....... Please give me the list of mini projects with their solution... I am in 3rd year-2nd sem...[E & TC]
Imagine this scenario. You are going to sell a product. The problem is that your potential client is a real biggie and cannot be approached just like that and that...
I'm choosing a class project for an upcoming microcontrollers class. The class uses an ARM processor. One project I'm considering is to build a device that would record mp3's with...
i donno wts happenin here...actually i got info abt ce frm a you tube clip ..it was a song played on guitaar by a member of ce i guess coz...