Run Open WebOS On Android Now [Video On 4G Nexus S]

If you were thinking that WebOS is dead, you're about to be proven wrong. Phoenix International Communications (PIC), have successfully made Open WebOS run on Android platform. Though it is nothing near smooth and it is just a pre-alpha WebOS version and you will also say that the results aren't remarkable or impressive given that performance is slow, but this is a giant step and an achievement worth mentioning.

In the video embedded below, you will see that these PIC folks got the WebOS UI and apps running on a 4G Nexus S Android smartphone. You can finally get past the lock screen now. This is too early a stage and very simple actions show jitters and stutter, but you got to see this -

The proof-of-concept is definitely a reality now. Any android developers here who would want to fiddle with it more?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It is one of the most popular videos around the web right now. Prabakaran Murugaiah, Founder & CEO of TechFetch.com is sharing the highlights of his journey from "Ambasamudram to...
It's common for Governments to try and keep a check on what the people say about them, about their policies through various media. While freedom of speech is one of...
Die-hard gaming console fans get furious at the thought of gaming consoles dying and being replaced by equally or much more powerful mobile gaming devices. I personally love Gaming Consoles...
i am last year student of ece (b.tech) and i want to learn about automation (plc,scada & dcs) in 6th month training. which type of training is better in industary...
Anonymous has hacked IT minister Kapil Sibal's website. The photo uploaded on his website, kapilsibalmp.com shows him playing KBC and answering the question "Which of the following is harmful to...