Round II Guidelines - Hunt For India's Best Academic Project 2016

All the contestants selected for Round II of the 'Hunt for India's Best Academic Project' Contest have to create a video presentation and upload it on YouTube.

NOTE: You may use any camera (including smartphone's camera or webcam) to record your videos. Make sure that you’re using one of the following formats: .MOV , .MPEG4 , MP4 , .AVI, .WMV, .MPEGPS, .FLV, .3GPP, .WebM

The only requirement is that the video should be in a good, clearly visible resolution.

Deadline: 15th May 2016
Video Format Guidelines:

1. Any one member or all members of the team one-by-one, may talk about the project in the video.
2. The length of the video should not exceed 10 minutes.
3. YouTube Video Title format: "CrazyEngineers: "
For Example: "CrazyEngineers: Hotel Management System"
4. YouTube Video Description format:
Brief Summary of your project with link to your project entry. (URL to be conveyed to participants via email)

Video Content Guidelines: {with timeline}

{0 - 1 Minutes}

1. Presentation opening

Every video should begin with the following statement -
"This video is recorded for "Hunt for India's Best Academic Project' contest organized by CrazyEngineers.com".
This statement should be followed by the team's introduction in the following format:
I am ________ [Full Name]
My Team Member's Names are ________ [All team member names] / This is my individual entry.
My/Our College's Name is ________ [Complete College Name, City, State]
My/Our Project's Title is _______ [Complete Project Title]

{1 - 8 Minutes}

2. Explain the underlying concepts, technologies used in your project and their significance.
Briefly talk about software/hardware, tools, technologies used and their relevance in the project.

3. Talk about the progress made by the team so far.
We would like to see the work done so far. If your project can be demonstrated, show the project in action. You can show code snippets, screenshots, photographs, statistics, etc. You may make use of direct screen capture tool, a PowerPoint/Keynote presentation or any other audio/visual aid to explain your project.

4. Real life use / implementation of the project.

What is the real life significance of your project? In which practical scenarios it can be useful? Explain it in brief. You may also talk about how your project is an improvement on available solutions.

5. Future scope of improvement.

Talk briefly about the limitations of your project and how it can be developed further in future.

{Last Two Minutes}

6. Give two strong reasons why this project should win the competition.

Explain quickly in just two points why this project deserves to win in this contest.

7. Conclude.
Conclude your presentation in not more 50 words.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use of Language:
You can use English to explain your project, but if you are more comfortable with your native language, you can use it in the video and supplement the video with English subtitles.

How To Upload Your Video on YouTube?

Follow these simple steps:
  1. Sign into YouTube. ( #-Link-Snipped-# )
  2. Click the Upload button at the top of the page. ( #-Link-Snipped-# )
  3. Select the video you'd like to upload from your computer.
  4. Click Publish to finish uploading a public video to YouTube.
For the solutions of the most common upload problems, check: #-Link-Snipped-#

How to submit your Round II entry?

1. Your first round entries are visible here: #-Link-Snipped-#
2. Once the video is live on YouTube, you can send its link (URL) to us via email at #-Link-Snipped-#

Judging Criteria:
Innovativeness, Overall Impact, Implementation, Practicality, Progress so far etc.
NOTE: There are NO extra points for video presentation or editing skills.

Also, only if found necessary a third round will be introduced to select the final winners.

Terms:
  1. CrazyEngineers will communicate directly with participant: individual or the group-representative in case of group entries.
  2. CrazyEngineers is not responsible for disputes among team members about entries.
  3. CrazyEngineers officials reserve the right to disqualify any project without providing reasons.
  4. By taking part in the contest, you agree to follow all the rules and regulations of the contest.
The terms and conditions will be updated if required through updates here. It's advised that all the participants must regularly check this page for updates.

Questions, Clarifications, Doubts?

Your questions or doubts about the contest can be asked in replies below.

Replies

• Vaibhav Shinde Patil
    Vaibhav Shinde Patil
    what is it means? can u plz tell us .....
    Brief Summary of your project with link to your project entry. (URL to be conveyed to participants via email)
  • Pallavi Joshi
    Pallavi Joshi
    Yet i haven't receieved any project entry url.When will you be sending the same?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Yes. We will be sending them to you on your registered email address.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Narendra Mali
    Mam.
    when you will be sending the project entry URL??
    Your project URL is here already:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

We will send it individually to each participant today.
  • Asifulla khan
    Asifulla khan
    hi..
    i hav not got any conformation fom ur side after sending the url to ur link...!!
    how can i get to know that i hav successfully sent u the url...???
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Asifulla
    hi..
    i hav not got any conformation fom ur side after sending the url to ur link...!!
    how can i get to know that i hav successfully sent u the url...???
    It has been received.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Last couple of hours before we close Round II.
  • MANAN BOTHRA
    MANAN BOTHRA
    Just want to confirm if my URL has been received by you. It would be grateful if you could upload all the received URLs.

Thank you.
    - Manan Bothra
  • Akshay Nagpal
    Akshay Nagpal
    When will the result be declared?
  • Akshay Nagpal
    Akshay Nagpal
    Ankita Katdare
    Last couple of hours before we close Round II.
    When will you declare the final result?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    akshaynagpal26
    When will you declare the final result?
    Declaration Of Winners: Between 15 to 31st May 2016
  • Asifulla khan
    Asifulla khan
    Ankita Katdare
    It has been received.
    Thank you for conforming
  • Kalaiyarasan Rajendran
    Kalaiyarasan Rajendran
    will you intimate it by mail.if results declared.
  • Akshay Nagpal
    Akshay Nagpal
    Any update on the date of result declaration?
  • Asifulla khan
    Asifulla khan
    Ankita Katdare
    All the contestants selected for Round II of the 'Hunt for India's Best Academic Project' Contest have to create a video presentation and upload it on YouTube.

NOTE: You may use any camera (including smartphone's camera or webcam) to record your videos. Make sure that you’re using one of the following formats: .MOV , .MPEG4 , MP4 , .AVI, .WMV, .MPEGPS, .FLV, .3GPP, .WebM

The only requirement is that the video should be in a good, clearly visible resolution.

Video Format Guidelines:

1. Any one member or all members of the team one-by-one, may talk about the project in the video.
    2. The length of the video should not exceed 10 minutes.
    3. YouTube Video Title format: "CrazyEngineers: "
    For Example: "CrazyEngineers: Hotel Management System"

Video Content Guidelines: {with timeline}

{0 - 1 Minutes}

1. Presentation opening

Every video should begin with the following statement -
    "This video is recorded for "Hunt for India's Best Academic Project' contest organized by CrazyEngineers.com".
    This statement should be followed by the team's introduction in the following format:
    I am ________ [Full Name]
    My Team Member's Names are ________ [All team member names] / This is my individual entry.
    My/Our College's Name is ________ [Complete College Name, City, State]
    My/Our Project's Title is _______ [Complete Project Title]

{1 - 8 Minutes}

2. Explain the underlying concepts, technologies used in your project and their significance.
    Briefly talk about software/hardware, tools, technologies used and their relevance in the project.

3. Talk about the progress made by the team so far.
    We would like to see the work done so far. If your project can be demonstrated, show the project in action. You can show code snippets, screenshots, photographs, statistics, etc. You may make use of direct screen capture tool, a PowerPoint/Keynote presentation or any other audio/visual aid to explain your project.

4. Real life use / implementation of the project.

What is the real life significance of your project? In which practical scenarios it can be useful? Explain it in brief. You may also talk about how your project is an improvement on available solutions.

5. Future scope of improvement.

Talk briefly about the limitations of your project and how it can be developed further in future.

{Last Two Minutes}

6. Give two strong reasons why this project should win the competition.

Explain quickly in just two points why this project deserves to win in this contest.

7. Conclude.
    Conclude your presentation in not more 50 words.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use of Language:
    You can use English to explain your project, but if you are more comfortable with your native language, you can use it in the video and supplement the video with English subtitles.

How To Upload Your Video on YouTube?

Follow these simple steps:
    1. Sign into YouTube. ( #-Link-Snipped-# )
    2. Click the Upload button at the top of the page. ( #-Link-Snipped-# )
    3. Select the video you'd like to upload from your computer.
    4. Click Publish to finish uploading a public video to YouTube.
    For the solutions of the most common upload problems, check: #-Link-Snipped-#

How to submit your Round II entry?

1. Your first round entries are visible here: #-Link-Snipped-#
    2. Once the video is live on YouTube, you can send its link (URL) to us via email at #-Link-Snipped-#

Judging Criteria:
    Innovativeness, Overall Impact, Implementation, Practicality, Progress so far etc.
    NOTE: There are NO extra points for video presentation or editing skills.

Also, only if found necessary a third round will be introduced to select the final winners.

Terms:
    1. CrazyEngineers will communicate directly with participant: individual or the group-representative in case of group entries.
    2. CrazyEngineers is not responsible for disputes among team members about entries.
    3. CrazyEngineers officials reserve the right to disqualify any project without providing reasons.
    4. By taking part in the contest, you agree to follow all the rules and regulations of the contest.
    The terms and conditions will be updated if required through updates here. It's advised that all the participants must regularly check this page for updates.

Questions, Clarifications, Doubts?

Your questions or doubts about the contest can be asked in replies below.
    Wen r d results going 2 b announced....???
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Kayas
    will you intimate it by mail.if results declared.
    Akshay Nagpal
    Any update on the date of result declaration?
    Asifulla
    Wen r d results going 2 b announced....???
    As announced in the notice here: Hunt for India's Best Academic Project Contest 2016 - [Registrations Closed]
  • Akshay Nagpal
    Akshay Nagpal
    Ankita Katdare
    As announced in the notice here: Hunt for India's Best Academic Project Contest 2016 - [Registrations Closed]
    Its 28th May already. Can you please tell when is the result to be announced? Thanks. 😀
  • Akshay Nagpal
    Akshay Nagpal
    Ankita Katdare
    Any specific date for the announcement of results?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Our team has been reviewing each and every project entry in detail. The results should be declared tomorrow.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I recently learnt that a linear queue can be implemented by using two stacks. Can anyone elaborate on this? I basically require the implementation details in terms of pseudo...
Hi, I came across an article that it is in the data link layer of OSI model that the "router configuration problem" resides. Is this statement true in the first...
recently i am working on asp.net and now i am moving towards WCF to make application faster using jquery,ajax and json am i going right ? i want to know...
Based out of Dwarka, The Testament is that rare startup which doesn't have big-shot IITians on its founding team, that grew without funding, which thrives by floating around inspiring stories...