Roller support

where we use roller supports?? and how it works???
plz give me some common examples.

Replies

• maria flor
    maria flor
    as far as I know it is used for earthquakes. another is, it is also used so that the columns and beams will have freedom to expand and contract as the temperature changes.
  • Capt Spark
    Capt Spark
    One good example of roller support is for expandable bridges.
    For allowing thermal expansion, one end is pinned and one side left on roller

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear all CE s, I am not able to use graphical functions in C. I am using Devcpp compiler. Can you clarify.....................?
The National Students' Space Challenge is now open for all. Build the next generation lunar rover or a water-rocket; design a lunar research facility or an underwater rover - what...
SCHEMCON is an annual conference organized by the Students' Chapter of IICHE under its Regional Centre of Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers. SCHEMCON provides a platform for the Chemical Engineering...
Technix, the annual technical festival of Goa College of Engineering, aims to provide a platform for the brightest minds in the country to showcase their talent and ingenuity. Within four...
I've often wondered, what'd be the ultimate in display technology. We're already at 1080p and scientists have already created resolutions much higher than the 'Full HD'. But it all leads...