Role of Mechanical Engineer in Accenture

I am placed in accenture india and the joining date is dec 7th. I want to know whether its possible to for a mechanical engineer to get into the engineeringg services wing of accenture.Currently am recruited as associate software engineer.

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    rohithnarayan
    I am placed in accenture india and the joining date is dec 7th. I want to know whether its possible to for a mechanical engineer to get into the engineeringg services wing of accenture.Currently am recruited as associate software engineer.

Thanks in advance
    Did you ask that question to Accenture HR at the time of recruitment?
  • rohithnarayan
    rohithnarayan
    no...i couldnt ask him then..i am really interested in mechanical design wing..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    rohithnarayan
    no...i couldnt ask him then..i am really interested in mechanical design wing..
    I'm not quite sure whether software companies assign work according to one's skills. Usually, all the recruited candidates (at entry level) are put through 3 months of training and then allotted to projects depending upon availability. I know at least 2 CEans who're Electrical Engineers and have been allotted pure software development project. I think it'd be way better if you can take this up with the HRs as they're the best persons to answer your question.

Are you pointing at CAD related projects?
  • rohithnarayan
    rohithnarayan
    yes...i am trying to get into CAD/CAE related projects...
    thnks for the reply
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The Software HR does ask you if you wish to go for mechanical wing or not. Many companies have that policy. ๐Ÿ˜€

Drop the HR person a mail asking about it ๐Ÿ˜€ All the best.
  • rohithnarayan
    rohithnarayan
    thanks for the response... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just wondering whether anyone from Accenture is reading this post. Do they have CAD projects? Is it possible to shift to CAD domain right after training? Please post here ๐Ÿ˜€
  • rohithnarayan
    rohithnarayan
    According to my knowledge,accenture does hav CAD/CAE service but the problem is,its linked to BPO services.So wen a candidate is selected through campus interviews they ll b posted in technical division and not in BPO and i don't think they ll provide an option for switching to CAD domain.
  • Sagar Yadav
    Sagar Yadav
    Sir i have completed b.tech in mechanical engineering
    how can i apply for accenture?
    your reply is very imporant for me .
    thank you
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# You need to keep a watch on Accenture's walk-in programs in your area. Whichever city you are targeting - Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad etc. You need to keep checking their official site and scan newspapers about vacancy related news. Whenever there's a walk-in, you need to check if Mechanical Engineers are eligible. Most often they do not ask applications from a specific branch (Sometimes for special roles they do ask for CS/IT engineers). Till such an opportunity comes in, you can keep preparing your skill base to suit an IT company. Learn key software, tools, programming languages, brush-up basic concepts. It's more important to be ready, because hiring keeps happening round-the-year. All the best!
  • AnbarasanK1996
    AnbarasanK1996
    I am Studying final year mechanical engineering... I have placed in Accenture for 3.5LPA salary... How long do you think I can survive in Accenture?
    And can i get any other core job if I quit from Accenture??
    Pls reply me ASAP..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# -if your interest is purely in Mechanical engineering, it'd be difficult to learn new things. While you have time, try and figure out if you like programming and if you do - you're all set. If not, maybe you should look at other options.

Getting a job depends purely on market conditions, applicant's skill set and available job openings.
  • AnbarasanK1996
    AnbarasanK1996
    I have interest in Programming , coding
    But I think it would be difficult for me to learn in small time span
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# -if your interest is purely in Mechanical engineering, it'd be difficult to learn new things. While you have time, try and figure out if you like programming and if you do - you're all set. If not, maybe you should look at other options.

Getting a job depends purely on market conditions, applicant's skill set and available job openings.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Here's a quickie. Fastest CEan Wins! ๐Ÿ˜€ Give Me Just The Word. That's It! ๐Ÿ‘ ... and get 10 CE Coins!
Hi, A few days back I read the book "The ABC murders" by Agatha Christie. This is a short review of it. In the beginning of the book, the popular...
please can any one give me details about the internships for b.tech 2nd years please.............
HTC Sensation XE Mobile Features: Android Operating System 2.3.4 (Gingerbread) Custom made Beats headsets for extraordinary sound Faster performance in Multi-tasking and web browsing Aluminum unibody construction 4.3 inch expansive...
The American Institute of Engineering and Sustainable Development (AIESD) will be holding the 2012 International Civil Engineering & Sustainable Infrastructure Conference (ICESIC 2012) in New Delhi, India on May 24-26,...