RockMelt Browser Review

Rockmelt has been in the stealth mode for quite long time. The browser has been now released for public download. Get your copy of Rockmelt from here: #-Link-Snipped-#

I tried downloading the copy on Windows 7 installation, and the download took less than a minute. I launched the browser and whoa! The installation asked me for facebook login details!
RockMelt

I refused to enter facebook credentials and clicked on 'cancel' button. That resulted into the browser getting closed 😔 . That is, unless you enter your FB details, the browser won't let you in!

I can't therefore test this browser. If anyone wants to try it out, download it from above link and share your experience with us.

On the technical side - the browser uses Chromium platform and builds social networking layers over it. This concept is not entirely new. Flock had tried this approach already. Read our Small Talk with #-Link-Snipped-#

RockMelt goes out of my 'try out' lists for now. 😀

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Yes, it is really awesome with many modifications of Google Chrome Browser. Plus, the problem is, I tried to flick the installation file during the time of installation. But the installation was so fast that, it deleted the original file before I tried to copy it. The file name is RockMeltStandaloneInstaller. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Gmail has introduced a new feature called Bulk, Forums, Notifications. If you enable these smart labels, Gmail will automatically try to figure out the nature of the message sent and...
Those who aren't aware of the difference between wordpress.com and wordpress.org, the former is the hosted platform and the later is the downloadable CMS that you can host on any...
The world celebrates Women's Day. I'm wondering why not have a Men's Day? Any opinions?
CEans, We've profile visitor message enabled for all the members. If you have a comment that is not a part of the ongoing discussion (Ex. suggestion to the member), you...
Hi all.. I'm George, new to this forum and hope i have to get and share some useful information here. And i'm happy to stay here with you all.