Robots are Iron (Wo)Men? This one is a Jeelyfish!

One always thinks of robots as mechanical monsters with jointed limbs ambs and a stiff jerky gait. Virginia tech has created Robojelly, a carbon nanotube based hydrogen powered jelly fish that seems capable of giving a run for the money to any live jelly fish.
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    This was even covered on VoiCE here-
    #-Link-Snipped-# 😀
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Punch_a_Tantra
    This was even covered on VoiCE here-
    #-Link-Snipped-# 😀
    I searched the CE site before posting. I am surprised that this item on voice did not come up.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    but then what practical purpose does it serve ?
  • nitesh mishra
    nitesh mishra
    Sir is this true that we are moving towards robot wars , because history has given enough proof about how humans can use a life saving technology into an life threatening one .
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    nitesh mishra
    Sir is this true that we are moving towards robot wars , because history has given enough proof about how humans can use a life saving technology into an life threatening one .
    Some sort of robots are already in defence applications for surveillance. The drone planes used in anti Taliban strikes are an example of actual combat use.
    The best will be if no humans are used at all. The robots can destroy each other. Ultimately may be we will fight only war games on giant monitors!
  • nitesh mishra
    nitesh mishra
    sir weapons was created for killing humans and i think it will be always used for this purpose only , and when there is a war some lives are always lost
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Wars are always bad, irrespective of who is right or wrong. Ultimately more innocents die than soldiers. War is the prime example of man's inhumanity to man.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

My project is based on this idea by removing brake and steering controls and replaced them with sensors and advanced technology to read the surroundings and drive accordingly. I believe...
Hi, I want to do MS in logistics and supply chain management in Germany or US. My academics records are: B.E. aggregate:68% XIIth-87% Xth-83% I will appear for GRE in...
Hello CEans, Discuss about "CE-Best Signature Contest" Here in this thread.
Hello CEans, This is a dedicated thread for Nomination of "CE-Best Signature Contest" Make sure you are following rules, And No Discussion in this thread please !! 😀 -godfather
The second stage of the circuit is the conversion of 12V DC voltage to 240V AC voltage using a power inverter. Power inverter is a very useful device which can...