robotics future

can some one help me in choosing my career in robotics i am doing my under graduation with ece branch.
thank you

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Get interested in Robotics. start building your own robots.

And plan for your higher studies now itself. You can't go into robotics industry with a UG degree. You need a masters degree. So, search for places where you can get a masters degree in Robotics and work for getting there. Believe in yourself. That's all, I think.

And then, lastly, in the industry, you are going to design only industrial level robots. So, if you are starting with hobby toys, get it over with soon. Get familiar with easy bots like line follower or obstacle detector, and move on to industrial robots. You can't probably build one yourself now. But at least, read and know about it.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    silverscorpion
    And then, lastly, in the industry, you are going to design only industrial level robots. So, if you are starting with hobby toys, get it over with soon. .
    Oh man.. no chance of building cool things like Terminators? ๐Ÿ˜”
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    well, you can always try out things.
    All I meant was, be ready to face the industry. That's all.

You know, if you look at all the robots in manufacturing, they don't look like 'robots' at all. Designing them can be a difficult task. That's why..

And designing and building androids like Asimo, is also great. But they are more complex, so, more difficult.

And yes, having fun is very important.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    silverscorpion
    well, you can always try out things.
    All I meant was, be ready to face the industry. That's all.

You know, if you look at all the robots in manufacturing, they don't look like 'robots' at all. Designing them can be a difficult task. That's why..

And designing and building androids like Asimo, is also great. But they are more complex, so, more difficult.

And yes, having fun is very important.
    Hey SS, just one question- Why you are not involved in CE-BOT or Robotic Arm project? I guess they can get completed if you people work together?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yea, join the projects! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    shalini_goel14
    Hey SS, just one question- Why you are not involved in CE-BOT or Robotic Arm project? I guess they can get completed if you people work together?
    ash
    Yea, join the projects! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Yeah. I have read through all the posts in both the CE BOT and the Robotic Arm threads.

There was already a lot of discussion that had happened by the time I noticed those. So, I just watched how it progresses. Also, I had nothing substantial to add to the discussions at that time.

Ok, I'll do what I can, for sure. Count me in!!๐Ÿ˜›
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    thanks guys... i am trying to build a hobby robot already but cant find the equipment in the market..
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    thanks guys... i am trying to build a hobby robot already but cant find the equipment in the market..
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Good to hear that!!
    What robot are you trying to build? And what equipment can't you find?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The common problem most of us face is that we have to wait for long time to play the videos on YouTube. I'm wondering if there's a solution to this...
I have heard that matlab is used for many real world applications. What is the main use of matlab? how it is used in dsp?
Everybody is getting aware of the impact we have on the environment. This discussion is although not the subject of matter in this post. I would find it more interesting...
hi im a computer science student and i have very good coding skills in java and c++. can any one tell me when and where coding competitions are held? also...
TOTAL SECURITY SOLUTIONS 1.RX101 CRYSTAL-CONTROLLED RECEIVER PORTABLE SIGNAL REPEATER AR3000A PROFESSIONAL MONITOR RECEIVER AR8000 HAND-HELD SCANNING RECEIVER MICROPHONE AUDIO SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM WALL AMPLIFIER SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM MCX-06 SIX CHANNEL MAINS CARRIER...