HI CEans!!!
Could anyone help me in ....
..............How to build a robot that climbs in a rope !!!!!!๐Ÿ˜Ž

Iam waiting for the response !!!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I found this video while browsing on the net.

See it here: #-Link-Snipped-#

I hope its of some use.
  • HRG
    HRG
    .thanks.for the link .i saw the video it was really intersting !!
    The actual thing is that the robot should be small .The skeleton weighs nearly 40 kgs.!!
    could you give me some information about the basic principle of the climbing robot .whether to use some motors or some other techniques which will be simplier and cheaper!!
  • yaang
    yaang
    Can you give more info on what your robot has to do ?
    Will it start on the rope or does it have to get on the rope itself ?
    Is there a minimum climbing speed ?
    How much weight can the rope support ?
    Does it have to be wireless or can you transmit the power via a cable ?
    How high does it have to climb ?
  • HRG
    HRG
    thanks for your reply mr.yaang..!!!!
    the robot will start on the rope .
    it should climb on the rope to reach a specific height.
    It should take the metal object placed in a platform at a particular height and return to the ground.
    the robot should be small of nearly 40cm and the weight approximate to it .
    it should climb a height of 2 meters.
    it can be wired for power supply !!
  • HRG
    HRG
    ...members ..iam eagerly waiting for the responses ...!!!!
    could u give me some info about the construction of this robot !!!
  • limestone7000
    limestone7000
    i have one idea,
    ur bot shall be small in size...take a rope and attach an arrow-head-like material at the front end of the rope (or anything that sticks to the wall)...roll it around the shaft of a motor and place it inside the bot...attach a thick spring to the front end of the rope, with a button.
    Now, when u press the button, the spring will throw the rope at a specific height(that'll be according to the tension of spring, use Hooke's Law for that ๐Ÿ˜› ) and it'll stick to the wall, then slowly the bot will move upwards using the motor (infact the motor is pulling the rope down, but becoz the arrow head is stuck to the wall, it'll pull the bot upwards)
    Does this satisfy ur needs? >_^

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sam was faster than jack.denise beat jim but lost to jack .who was the winner?
Hi guys, do you have any idea to design steady flow test rig for cylinder head? Do you guys have the relevant resources to share with me? Anyway, what is...
Most of the people have there own Forum and they work very hard to improve their forum. ๐Ÿ˜€ I am interested in knowing the way, how one can make money...
Don't blame me for the title. They are putting it in this way. Ppl do you really think they can kill google. I mean google is a lot bigger than...
Can anybody direct me to some information regarding ,how to work out what foundation size for a small scale wind turbine,i know the type of ground and foundation type are...